This is lead level work overseeing the print shop operations and participating in the operating of printing equipment. Positions report to an administrative superior.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Applies printing, graphic design and/or photography principles, practices, methods, techniques and processes to produce professional, high quality materials which involves such activities as original artwork/design, layout, paste up, electronic typesetting/desktop publishing, printing equipment set up and adjustment, applying inks and fountain solutions, taking and developing photographs, stripping negatives, processing plates, electronic file conversion/transfer, transferring/manipulating images, and bindery.
- Uses various tools, equipment, supplies and materials such as computers, various software packages, drafting/drawing tools, chemicals, inks, paints, cameras, scanners, printing equipment and/or finishing equipment to produce professional, high quality and appealing materials.
- Produces materials such as pamphlets, displays, exhibits, booklets, photographs, brochures, maps, letterhead, forms, posters, reports, signs, illustrations, charts, graphs, vehicle markings, business cards, and certificates.
- Works with customers in order to provide technical assistance, acquire/meet their needs, deadlines, and budget restraints and produce top quality and attractive materials.
- Cleans and maintains equipment and tools.
- May research subject to obtain information/perspective.
- Maintains/updates records/logs of status of projects, production count, supplies/equipment used, equipment maintenance/cleaning performed, and related activities.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Graphics & Printing Foreman
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Three years experience in graphics and printing work such as planning, designing, creating and producing artistic visual materials, utilizing various techniques and equipment for the development of informational/educational media such as publications, exhibits, outdoor signage, displays and brochures.
- Six months experience in maintaining and adjusting graphics and printing equipment such as digital or off set printers, graphic design equipment, finishing equipment, sign production equipment or machinery.
- Six months experience in prioritizing, assigning and reviewing the work of others.
- Knowledge of researching, analyzing, and writing bid specifications.
Conditions of Hire
This position is a classification organized under an exclusive bargaining representative (labor organization). The candidate selected for this position shall be asked to join and pay dues to the labor organization or may, decline joining the labor organization and not pay dues or a fee. The labor organization has been elected by employees as their representative for collective bargaining and other work related purposes.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
04/15/2019 Application Review