The incumbent in this position works closely with the Medicaid Medical Director to support Medicaid initiatives in value-based purchasing and healthcare transformation, social determinants of health, quality improvement, and utilization of claims data to inform clinical policymaking. Using models from state-led innovations across the county, the incumbent will work collaboratively within DMMA, across DHSS and with other stakeholders to implement strategic initiatives to improve care for Medicaid recipients.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of every job duty for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Provides or evaluates direct nursing care.
- Develops, implements and/or reviews nursing care plans.
- Provides health care instruction and guidance to individuals, families, community groups and/or nursing home facilities in the management of their health care needs.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with other members of the treatment team.
- Prepares and submits records, reports, evaluations and forms.
- Participates in and make recommendations regarding quality assurance activities.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Nursing Supervisor
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- At least three years experience as a Registered Nurse OR a Bachelors degree or higher in Nursing and at least two years experience as a Registered Nurse OR a Masters degree or higher in Nursing and at least one year experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Possession of a Delaware Registered Nurse license OR multi-state compact license.
- Knowledge of staff supervision acquired through course work, academic training, training provided through an employer, or performing as a lead worker overseeing the work of others; OR supervising staff which may include planning, assigning, reviewing, and evaluating the work of others; OR supervising through subordinate supervisors a group of professional, technical, and clerical employees.
Additional Posting Information
This posting may be closed on or before 08/20/19 upon filling the vacant position.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.