Looking for a rewarding career in the fast-paced technology industry? Look no further!
The Department of Technology & Information (DTI) is Delaware’s central IT organization committed to providing technology services and collaborative solutions for Delaware while working to improve the lives of Delawareans through advanced technologies that innovate government services.
In addition to recruiting and retaining the best and brightest, DTI acknowledges and values the diversity of our employees. DTI recognizes that fostering a diverse workforce provides remarkable benefits in terms of innovative thinking, increased collection of skills and experiences, greater teamwork, and higher morale.
To learn more visit DTI’s Website at https://dti.delaware.gov/
Due to the current COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, DTI has implemented temporary telecommuting arrangements for newly hired employees whose job duties are conducive to working from home. These arrangements are expected to be short term and will be monitored by DTI supervisors.
Incumbent assists with the configuration, implementation and management of all networks and related client services and systems. Has responsibility for the identification and resolution of hardware and software technical problems related to core services such as data, voice and video networks. Provides 2nd level support to the Helpdesk as well as agency technical personnel and DTI Operations staff.
Selective Requirements must be met in addition to the job requirements. Applicants who do not possess the selective requirement will not be qualified.
· Candidate must have a minimum of two (2) years of experience with network security devices such as firewalls and web content filters.
Applicants who do not possess the preferred qualification will still be eligible to compete for this position if job requirements are met.
· Candidates with experience in enabling and supporting automation of the deployment, provisioning, and maintenance of network and security devices and their policies will be preferred.
Please attach a resume with
your online application or use the resume tab in DEL to provide a detailed
description of how your education, training and/or experience meets each job
requirement including employer, experience/responsibilities and dates
(month/year) of employment/training.
- Technical Training or equivalent experience with core system devices such as routers, switches, servers, core software, systems management and monitoring.
- Possess a minimum of three (3) years hands-on experience in enterprise environments.
- Possess experience with system hardware including servers and switches.
- Experience with problem resolution, communication and writing skills.
- Possess knowledge of system analysis.
Conditions of Hire
Criminal background check: A satisfactory fingerprint based criminal background check administered by the Delaware State Police is required as a Condition of Hire.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. DTI participates in E-Verify. DTI does not provide employment-based sponsorship.
Benefits to include:
· Group Health Plan, Dental Plan, Vision Plan, Prescription, Flexible Spending, Long & Short Term Disability Insurance, Group Universal Life Insurance, Securian Accident & Critical Illness Insurance, Health Management Programs.
· 21 paid vacation days, 15 paid sick days, 12 paid holidays, Up to 12 weeks paid Parental Leave.
· Tuition reimbursement up to $4,000 annually.
· State funded learning opportunities, mentor programs and professional development opportunities.
· Employee Assistance Program: Access to support services such as Professional Counseling Services, Legal Services, Financial Services.
· Employer & Employee Funded Pension Plan as well as an Employee Funded Retirement Savings Plan available.
To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please visit our website at https://dhr.delaware.gov/benefits/
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.