This position will work with the Procure to Pay Team reviewing and approving purchase orders and vouchers in First State Financials (FSF). The position also provides support and assistance to State Organizations on document processing. Additional duties include: Reviewing professional service contracts, system testing, and assisting with document clean-up.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Collects, analyzes and evaluates financial data from a variety of sources.
- Ensures all transactions comply with accounting and tax policies, procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
- Provides counsel and advice to state organizations to resolve discrepancies, preclude errors and delays in processing.
- Approves requests, verifies coding for transaction processing or cancellation.
- Implements accounting functions, policies, procedures, systems and plans.
- Develops and recommends policies and procedures consistent with state accounting, rules, regulations, priorities, objectives and new federal mandates.
- Performs audits of documents to ensure proper accounting of funds.
- Provides recommendations, guidance and direction to management for the purpose of understanding, meeting functional and operational goals and objectives.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for State Accountant II
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- At least one year experience in accounting using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Six months experience in compiling, analyzing and interpreting financial data to ensure effective and efficient accounting of funds or to make projections for financial planning.
- Six months experience in analyzing financial problems, developing alternatives, recommending and advising management on solutions.
- Six months experience in interpreting accounting or payroll laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures.
- Six months experience in narrative report writing.
- Knowledge of information system functional support which includes planning for informational needs to initiate system changes; developing user, operational and program documentation; coordinating, overseeing and participating in the testing of new/modified computer program enhancements by creating test data, analyzing the systems actions and determining critical system performance to ensure applications meet user needs.
Conditions of Hire
Applicant must complete satisfactory criminal background check, reference checks, confirmation of compliance with federal and state tax laws, and any other required condition of employment.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at statejobs.delaware.gov.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.