Looking for a rewarding career in the fast-paced technology industry? Look no further!
The Department of Technology & Information (DTI) is Delaware’s central IT organization committed to providing technology services and collaborative solutions for Delaware while working to improve the lives of Delawareans through advanced technologies that innovate government services.
In addition to recruiting and retaining the best and brightest, DTI acknowledges and values the diversity of our employees. DTI recognizes that fostering a diverse workforce provides remarkable benefits in terms of innovative thinking, increased collection of skills and experiences, greater teamwork, and higher morale.
To learn more visit DTI’s Website at https://dti.delaware.gov/
Due to the current COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, DTI has implemented temporary telecommuting arrangements for newly hired employees whose job duties are conducive to working from home. These arrangements are expected to be short term and will be monitored by DTI supervisors.
The Principal responsibility is to provide highly effective technical support for DTI’s technical infrastructure. Highly effective means that the services for the assigned assets are provided in a way that is efficient, meets the needs of the customers (both DTI and other state agencies) and customers in compliance with DTI policy and procedures. The services will be primarily rendered through a combination of personal effort, joint effort with others in the workgroup, and collaboration with other DTI staff, vendors, and customers.
The ANALYST is expected to possess strong technical proficiency in at least one of the core Technology Domains, modest technical proficiency in several others, and technical awareness in the rest.
The Technology Domains include the following.
Mainframe Systems Programming Support Mainframe Network Support Middleware Support Planning
Operating System Support – z/OS, UNIX Web Engineering Support Database Support – Adabas
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Mainframe Services Analyst:
Please attach a resume with your online application or use the resume tab in DEL to provide a detailed description of how your education, training and/or experience meets each job requirement including employer, experience/responsibilities and dates (month/year) of employment/training.
· Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in an I/T discipline, is strongly preferred or equivalent work experience.
· Possess a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a 24x7 Mainframe environment including: incident troubleshooting and resolution, installation and configuration, version testing, debugging, installation of patches, direct technical vendor interactions, performance monitoring, tuning, and disaster recovery.
· Possess a minimum of 3 years’ experience providing 24x7 Mainframe technical support in one or more of the following areas: Systems Programming Support, Storage Management, Network Support, Operating System Support, Middleware Support, or Database Support.
· Possess good communication skills (verbal and written) as well as effective presentation skills.
Conditions of Hire
Criminal background check: A satisfactory fingerprint based criminal background check administered by the Delaware State Police is required as a Condition of Hire.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. DTI participates in E-Verify. DTI does not provide employment-based sponsorship.
Benefits to include:
· Group Health Plan, Dental Plan, Vision Plan, Prescription, Flexible Spending, Long & Short Term Disability Insurance, Group Universal Life Insurance, Securian Accident & Critical Illness Insurance, Health Management Programs.
· 21 paid vacation days, 15 paid sick days, 12 paid holidays, Up to 12 weeks paid Parental Leave.
· Tuition reimbursement up to $4,000 annually.
· State funded learning opportunities, mentor programs and professional development opportunities.
· Employee Assistance Program: Access to support services such as Professional Counseling Services, Legal Services, Financial Services.
· Employer & Employee Funded Pension Plan as well as an Employee Funded Retirement Savings Plan available.
To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please visit our website at https://dhr.delaware.gov/benefits/
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all
phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary
aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware
Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
The State of Delaware
– An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.