This position ensures consistency with the various education and outreach programs, works with partners and stakeholders, reviews all products created for the purpose of education, outreach and communications. Duties: overseeing contracts, Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) and work plans, assisting with the grant application process for educational and outreach activities, maintaining lists of projects, monthly reporting to Centers of Disease Control (CDC), traveling to work groups and grant related activities such as System of Care, Addiction Action Committee, DHSS Strategy Map meetings.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Interviews agency staff, observes work processes and gathers data relating to operational and managerial practices and procedures for use in evaluating services provided and/or determining compliance to goals and objectives.
- Reviews, performs statistical analysis and interpretation of collected data relating to policies, procedures, organization, managerial and operational practices; Defines and may make recommendations for correcting problems.
- Analyzes data gathered and develops solutions or alternative methods of proceeding.
- Analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of operations in meeting established goals and objectives.
- Provides technical assistance in understanding and developing management objectives and controls for resolution of issues and concerns.
- Studies pertinent background material such as legislation, administrative orders and regulations.
- Makes recommendations for and assists in the implementation of new techniques or procedures to improve methods of operations, strengthen controls, and effectively utilize resources.
- Documents findings of studies and prepares recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures, or organizational changes.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Management Analyst III
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Three years experience in conducting studies which includes evaluating operations, programs, services, policies and procedures to determine efficiency, effectiveness, whether goals and objectives are met and compliance with laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Three years experience in descriptive statistics such as the mean, median, mode or standard deviation.
- Three years experience in interpreting laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Six months experience in designing studies which includes determining study goals and objectives, information needed, data sources, sampling and collection methods.
- Six months experience in making recommendations for continuation or changes to operations, programs, services, policies or procedures based on findings.
- Six months experience in narrative report writing.
- Knowledge of inferential statistics such as correlation, t-tests, f-tests or analysis of variance.
Additional Posting Information
This position will have Statewide responsibilities which requires travel throughout the State. The State of Delaware provides transportation services to State agencies.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.