The incumbent in this position will serve as a liaison to one or more approved vendors providing targeted case management to DDDS individuals living with his/her family or in their own home. The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to: providing oversight to vendor agency(s), generating statistics based on various satisfaction surveys, participating in evaluating vendor performance, participating in evaluating vendor compliance with Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services regulations.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Assists in directing program services by participating in the development, implementation and evaluation of overall program plans, directs staff engaged in the development and implementation of person centered plans.
- Plans, assigns, reviews and evaluates the work of program staff.
- Acts in the absence of the Program Administrator.
- Obtains support services, resources, and equipment to meet the varied needs of clients.
- Monitors the progress of clients toward goals as specified in the person centered plan and recommends changes to the plan as circumstances change.
- Monitors the effectiveness of program services through data collection and analysis and recommends changes to program standards and operating guidelines.
- Prepares and maintains a wide variety of reports related to clients, staff performance and productivity and program effectiveness.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Developmental Disabilities Assistant Program Administrator
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Three years experience in case management which includes assessing, planning, developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating options and services to meet an individuals human service needs.
- Three years experience in making recommendations as part of a clients service plan such as clinical treatment, counseling, or determining eligibility for health or human services/benefits.
- Six months experience in interpreting laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Six months experience in using an automated information system to enter, update, modify, delete, retrieve, inquire and report on data.
- Six months experience in narrative report writing
- Knowledge of staff supervision acquired through course work, academic training, training provided through an employer, or performing as a lead worker overseeing the work of others; OR supervising staff which may include planning, assigning, reviewing, and evaluating the work of others; OR supervising through subordinate supervisors a group of professional, technical, and clerical employees.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.