The incumbent is responsible for managing a technical team of CITRIX and Dollar Universe technicians. The incumbent will assist on administration and maintenance of given technologies including business requirements, technology roadmaps and process development. Incumbent will lead senior level meetings and be responsible for key performance indicators and dashboards. Incumbent will be responsible for participating in On-Call rotation, responding to and remediating production issues, ensuring return to service and Service Level Agreement compliance during production events.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Ensures the unit's long and short term goals and objectives are met by establishing schedules and operational priorities and recommending new/revised policies and standards.
- Provides adequate planning and coordination of unit activities to provide for new or improved service levels to users to include estimating hardware, software, personnel and time required for proposed projects.
- Ensures employee performance is maximized to provide effective and efficient operations. Provides adequate and related training for new hires and current employees to ensure maximum performance standards and needed resources are available within budget.
- Prepares, administers and monitors the unit's budget to ensure proper funding levels and justifiable expenditures; writes requests for proposals for contractual services and participates in the selection process.
- Coordinates activities with directors and managers to ensure the provision of integrated services to customers.
- Conducts meetings with staff and users to discuss work in progress and anticipated needs or problems.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Manager of Base Technologies
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Three years experience in information technology project management which includes planning, scheduling, staffing, coordinating, controlling, monitoring, evaluating and reporting on status of IT projects.
- Three years experience in maintaining computer platform operations, components, configurations, and hardware and software functions for base technologies such as database software platform technology, disciplines, or technology science.
- Knowledge of budget administration which includes managing, developing, analyzing and implementing budgets; developing strategic plans and establishing internal control.
- Knowledge of contract administration which includes overseeing the development and negotiation of contracts and bid specifications; managing bid openings; awarding and executing contracts.
- Knowledge of staff supervision acquired through course work, academic training, training provided through an employer, or performing as a lead worker overseeing the work of others; OR supervising staff which may include planning, assigning, reviewing, and evaluating the work of others; OR supervising through subordinate supervisors a group of professional, technical, and clerical employees.
Conditions of Hire
Criminal background check: A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of hire. The recruiting agency may require the applicant to pay for the criminal background check as part of the conditional offer of hire.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.