The incumbent provides first level support of inventory control, materials handling and distribution for the Division of Communications. The position records and maintains basic information such as type, quantity, value and location of items received and issued; makes minor repairs and alterations to supplies; and operates equipment to track, manage and transport supplies, tools and equipment from inventory locations. The incumbent cleans and maintains storage areas and contents to ensure compliance with safety regulations and security of inventory.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Collects, receives, marks, sorts, stacks, distributes, and inventories supplies, materials, equipment, parts, or other articles.
- Locates and selects material, supplies, tools, equipment, parts, or other articles from stockroom, warehouse, storage yard, or other related areas.
- Adjusts, repairs, assembles, or prepares products, supplies, equipment, or other items according to specifications or customer requirements.
- Operates a variety of equipment for the purpose of preparing, inspecting, weighing, evaluating, recording, marking, or transporting supplies, materials, equipment, or other articles.
- Records type, quantity, value, or location of material, supplies, equipment or other articles received, shipped, used, or issued.
- Cleans and maintains supplies, tools, equipment, instruments, and storage areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations; ensures security of inventory.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Supply, Storage and Distribution Clerk I
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Knowledge of math such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, or decimals.
Conditions of Hire
Criminal background check: A satisfactory fingerprint based criminal background check administered by the Delaware State Police is required as a Condition of Hire.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.