This position determines financial and technical eligibility for Delaware residents applying for Long Term Care Medicaid programs, which include the Nursing Home program, Home and Community Based Waiver programs and Food Benefits, for Medicaid clients that are in the Community. This position is responsible for maintaining a caseload of Long-Term Care Medicaid cases, making interim changes to these cases, responding to the Provider community and conducting Annual Redeterminations of eligibility for Long Term Care Medicaid per federal requirements.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Interviews client, family and/or professional sources to determine clients needs for a variety of social services which may include employment, job search and basic skills remediation.
- Develops a comprehensive cost effective service plan utilizing in-house sources, referrals, contracted providers and/or institutions.
- Conducts on-going monitoring and assessment of service delivery for optimum quality and efficiency, and authorizes and recommends changes and adjustments as needed.
- Maintains comprehensive case records, summaries, statistical and narrative reports and completes required forms.
- Establishes effective working relationship with clients, family, community and professional sources.
- Provides specialized casework and counseling services in such areas as protective, adoption and options counseling.
- Provides direct casework service through individual/group conferences, counseling and/or site visits.
- Supplies information and responses to inquiries regarding services for clients, family, community and government agencies.
- May provide supportive casework to clients prior to, during or after hospitalization based upon physicians diagnosis and recommended treatment.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Senior Social Worker/Case Manager
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Six months experience in case management which includes assessing, planning, developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating options and services to meet an individuals human service needs.
- Six months experience in making recommendations as part of a client's service plan such as clinical treatment, counseling, or determining eligibility for health or human services/benefits.
- Six months experience in interpreting laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Six months experience in using an automated information system to enter, update, modify, delete, retrieve/inquire and report on data.
- Six months experience in narrative report writing.
Conditions of Hire
This position is a classification organized under an exclusive bargaining representative (labor organization). The candidate selected for this position shall be asked to join and pay dues to the labor organization or may, decline joining the labor organization and not pay dues or a fee. The labor organization has been elected by employees as their representative for collective bargaining and other work related purposes.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.