Looking for a rewarding career in the fast-paced technology industry? Look no further!
The Department of Technology & Information (DTI) is Delaware’s central IT organization committed to providing technology services and collaborative solutions for Delaware while working to improve the lives of Delawareans through advanced technologies that innovate government services.
In addition to recruiting and retaining the best and brightest, DTI acknowledges and values the diversity of our employees. DTI recognizes that fostering a diverse workforce provides remarkable benefits in terms of innovative thinking, increased collection of skills and experiences, greater teamwork, and higher morale.
To learn more visit DTI’s Website at https://dti.delaware.gov/
Due to the current COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, DTI has implemented temporary telecommuting arrangements for newly hired employees whose job duties are conducive to working from home. These arrangements are expected to be short term and will be monitored by DTI supervisors.
The Service Support Specialist provides day-to-day help desk support for the customer base of the Department of Technology and Information (DTI).
Responsible for the execution of DTI Service Desk contact, problem, incident and request management policies and procedures.
Responsible for the diagnosis, troubleshooting and tracking of all computer-related incidents.
Responsible for escalating problems and incidents to designated level 2 and level 3 help desk support entities.
Responsible for reporting incident status and system outage notifications to customers, technical staff and applicable management entities.
Responsible for logging incidents and problem resolution activities into a computerized tracking system.
Responsible for maintaining a robust and accurate knowledge base repository.
Responsible for providing hands-on PC and peripheral equipment troubleshooting, repair and installation support.
Responsible for generating help desk related performance statistics, as required.
Responsible for training support staff, as required.
Responsible for performing other tasks, as assigned.
Selective Requirements must be met in addition to the job requirements. Applicants who do not possess the selective requirement will not be qualified.
- Possess a minimum of two years advanced troubleshooting experience with Windows, iOS, Android, MacOS, Linux.
- Possess a minimum of one year of PowerShell scripting experience.
- Possess a minimum of one year of software deployment experience.
- Possess a minimum of one year of Microsoft Imaging (MDT/USMT) experience.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for DTI Service Support Specialist - EDL
Please attach a resume with your online application or use the resume tab in DEL to provide a detailed description of how your education, training and/or experience meets each job requirement including employer, experience/responsibilities and dates (month/year) of employment/training.
- Possess a minimum of six (6) months help desk and customer service experience.
- Possess a minimum of six (6) months professional experience troubleshooting, installing, upgrading and repairing personal computers, and peripheral devices.
- Possess a minimum of six (6) months basic network troubleshooting skills.
- Possess a minimum of six (6) months experience with automated help desk application tools.
Conditions of Hire
Criminal background check: A satisfactory fingerprint based criminal background check administered by the Delaware State Police is required as a Condition of Hire.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. DTI participates in E-Verify. DTI does not provide employment-based sponsorship.
Benefits to include:
· Group Health Plan, Dental Plan, Vision Plan, Prescription, Flexible Spending, Long & Short Term Disability Insurance,
Group Universal Life Insurance, Securian, Health Management Programs.
· 21 paid vacation days, 15 paid sick days, 12 paid holidays, Up to 12 weeks paid Parental Leave.
· Tuition reimbursement up to $4,000 annually.
· State funded learning opportunities, mentor programs and professional development opportunities.
· Employee Assistance Program: Access to support services such as Professional Counseling Services,
Legal Services, Financial Services.
· Employer & Employee Funded Pension Plan as well as an Employee Funded Retirement Savings Plan
To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please visit our website at https://dhr.delaware.gov/benefits/
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available
for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and
employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call
(302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number
1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.