This position will assist in the modernization and oversight of the State’s banking operations. A primary focus of this role will be to manage all daily reconciliation and banking functions for the Office of the State Treasurer in coordination with merchant banks, the Division of Accounting, and all State agencies. The incumbent will provide leadership in State of Delaware financial operations via planning, organization, direction and implementation of financial systems and procedures through subordinate staff.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
Responsible for all accounting and auditing functions, financial reporting, consolidation of budgets, fiscal recordkeeping and the development, modification and implementation of financial controls.
Plans, organizes, directs and implements financial systems and procedures through a unit of subordinate fiscal professional, paraprofessional and administrative support staff with the principal focus on managing the financial resources of the department.
Provides counsel and direction to unit managers and financial administrators concerning policies, procedures and interpretations of fiscal affairs.
Provides fiscal management information, reports, and briefings to top agency management, representatives from fiscal/financial agencies, or federal grant agencies.
Conducts in-depth, comprehensive analysis and/or forecasting of fiscal matters.
Monitors all financial transactions to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and agency rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
Prepares annual budgets involving state, special and federal funds and makes revisions to reflect changes in receipts, estimates, costs or program needs.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Controller II
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Three years experience in financial administration such as comprehensive analysis of programs, budgets, projects, services, alternatives, and costs; financial planning, revenue generation, revenue forecasting, expenditure forecasting, cash flow management and establishing internal control.
- Three years experience in analyzing financial problems, developing alternatives, recommending and advising management on solutions.
- Three years experience in budget administration which includes managing, developing, analyzing and implementing budgets; developing strategic plans and establishing internal control.
- Six months experience in developing financial policies and procedures.
- Three years experience in interpreting laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Six months experience in staff supervision which includes planning, assigning, reviewing, and evaluating the work of others.
Additional Posting Information
Writing Exercise: A writing exercise will be given at the time of interview.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.