Make a Difference!
Now offering Recruitment and Referral Incentives at the Delaware Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS)!
Start your career at DHSS as an ADVANCED PRACTICE NURSE, NURSE CONSULTANT, NURSING SUPERVISOR, COMPLIANCE NURSE, REGISTERED NURSE, LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE, or CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT and qualify for recruitment incentives starting at $1,500. Referral bonuses of $1,000 are available to referring DHSS employees.
You must be a new employee to the State of DE to be eligible for this program.
The Delaware Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) seeks to increase the number of applicants for clinical nursing positions by offering a recruitment incentive to eligible Advanced Practice Nurse, Nurse Consultant, Nursing Supervisor, Compliance Nurse, Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, and Certified Nursing Assistant candidates in accordance with the DHSS Recruitment and Referral Incentive Program.
The program provides incentives as follows:
- Recruitment incentives are based on the position classification as follows: $6,000 for Advanced Practice Nurses, $5,000 for Nurse Consultants, $5,000 for Nursing Supervisors, $4,500 for Compliance Nurses, $3,500 for Registered Nurses, $2,000 for Licensed Practical Nurses, and $1,500 for Certified Nursing Assistants. Recruitment incentives will be paid in quarterly installments over the first year of hire and will begin after the first quarter of employment. New employees accepting this recruitment bonus must commit to two consecutive years of employment with DHSS. You must be a new employee to the state to be eligible for this incentive.
- Referral bonuses of $1,000 are available to current DHSS employees who refer new hires to the state in the following classifications: Advanced Practice Nurse, Nurse Consultant, Nursing Supervisor, Compliance Nurse, Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, and Certified Nursing Assistant. Referral bonuses of $1,000 will be paid in quarterly installments over the first year of hire of the referred applicant.
NOTE: This program is administered by the Department of Health and Social Services. The program will run through June 30, 2021. This program may be terminated by the State at any time.
The Hudson State Service Center is a multi-program clinic facility in New Castle County. The position implements the immunization program for adults and children, child health, VFC (vaccines for children program), community flu clinics, assists in implementing COVID-19 testing and other division initiatives, acts as person in charge in Clinic Manager's absence, and participates in disaster preparedness and other immunization initiatives. The position supervises: one Registered Nurse III, one Laboratory Technician, two Administrative Specialist I's, and one Senior Social Worker/Case Manager.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of every job duty for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Provides or evaluates direct nursing care.
- Develops, implements and/or reviews nursing care plans.
- Provides health care instruction and guidance to individuals, families, community groups and/or nursing home facilities in the management of their health care needs.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with other members of the treatment team.
- Prepares and submits records, reports, evaluations and forms.
- Participates in and make recommendations regarding quality assurance activities.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Nursing Supervisor
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Possession of a Bachelors degree or higher in Nursing and at least two years experience as a Registered Nurse in Public Health Nursing OR a Masters degree or higher in Nursing and at least one year experience as a Registered Nurse in Public Health Nursing.
- Possession of a Delaware Registered Nurse license OR multi-state compact license.
- Knowledge of staff supervision acquired through course work, academic training, training provided through an employer, or performing as a lead worker overseeing the work of others; OR supervising staff which may include planning, assigning, reviewing, and evaluating the work of others; OR supervising through subordinate supervisors a group of professional, technical, and clerical employees .
Additional Posting Information
This posting may be closed on or before 07/10/2021 upon filling the vacant position(s).
Conditions of Hire
As a condition of hire you must possess a valid driver's license (not suspended, revoked or cancelled, or disqualified from driving).
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at statejobs.delaware.gov.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.