Are you looking to make a difference in public service?
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- As an agency employee, we offer the same
competitive benefits you are accustomed to. We encourage a healthy work-life balance for all employees!
- State of Connecticut is an eligible
Public Service Loan Forgiveness employer, meaning you may be eligible to have
qualifying student loans forgiven after 10 years of service. Click here for more information.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Conduct advance research and data analyses utilizing OHS claims, patient, and financial data;
- Collaborate with Dept. of Public Health, US Census Bureau and Dept. of Health & Human Services to support OHS regulatory, policy, program objective, and decision making;
- Develop and conduct methodologies and procedures to extract, analyze, and evaluate data;
- Perform complex statistical analysis, prepare comprehensive narrative reports, and statistical reports for data requests and publications;
- Create duly authorized confidential research data extracts/aggregation for external release;
- Help coordinate data request process and shepherd requests to timely fulfillment; and
- Develop and maintain programming scripts for data validation, dataset creation, and document process improvements.
MORE ABOUT THE AGENCY AND FACILITIES:
The mission of the Office of Health Strategy (OHS) is to implement comprehensive, data-driven strategies that promote equal access to healthcare, control costs and ensure better health for the people of Connecticut. OHS consists of three teams: Health Systems Planning, Health Innovation and Health Information Technology.
OHS is a mission driven state agency within the Governor-led executive branch of Connecticut state government. The mission of the State of Connecticut Office of Health Strategy (OHS) is to implement comprehensive, data-driven strategies that promote equal access to healthcare, control costs and ensure better health outcomes for the people of Connecticut.
We are a small state agency, but we have an influential role shaping the future of health care in CT. Come join our team!
FOR ASSISTANCE IN APPLYING:
In order to be considered for this job opening you must be a current State of CT employee of the agency listed above for at least six (6) months of full-time service or full-time equivalent service, absent any applicable collective bargaining language, and meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
In order to receive educational credits toward qualification for this job posting, the institution must be accredited. If the institution of higher learning is located outside of the U.S., you are responsible for providing documentation from a recognized USA accrediting service which specializes in determining foreign education equivalencies to the recruiter listed on this job posting.
- In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- You must specify your qualifications on your application. You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application for this posting to the JobAps system.
- In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
- This position will be filled in accordance with contractual language, reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules.
Important Next Step Information for After You Apply:
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, transcripts, diplomas, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- Candidates who are offered and accept a position with the State of Connecticut are bound by the State Code of Ethics for Public Officials and State Employees which is available at www.ct.gov/ethics.
Connect With Us:
- Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process.
- Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account. If you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment please contact Nicole Frascatore via email at email@example.com.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency this class is accountable for performing the most complex tasks in the development and implementation of research projects.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Performs most complex duties in area of research design and implementation;
- Develops and conducts formal research methodologies and procedures and analyzes and evaluates data;
- Designs data collection forms and develops procedures;
- Performs complex statistical analysis;
- Prepares comprehensive narrative and statistical reports;
- May prepare special reports for agency officials in response to inquiries from legislature or the public;
- Performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Considerable knowledge of
- research methods and techniques;
- principles, concepts and methods of statistical analysis;
- Knowledge of agency related policies and procedures as related to research;
- oral and written communication skills;
- interpersonal skills;
- Considerable ability to analyze data;
- Ability to develop programs and use prepackaged computer programs to perform data analysis.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Seven (7) years of professional experience in research, data analysis or economics.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been conducting research at the level of a Research Analyst.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one-half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
A Master's degree in economics, statistics or a closely related field may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
- Experience in conducting research and advance statistical analyses on big healthcare data or large datasets.
- Experience using statistical and computer programming tools, such as SPSS, SAS, Python, R or SQL.
- Experience extracting, reviewing, and analyzing statistical, financial and utilization data and information.
- Experience in healthcare facility administration, health program administration, health insurance administration, health planning or other closely related field.
- Experience with interpreting federal and state laws, statutes, and regulations.
- Master’s degree in economics, statistics, or other closely related field.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
As defined by Sec. 5-196 of the Connecticut General Statutes, a job class is a position or group of positions that share general characteristics and are categorized under a single title for administrative purposes. As such, a job class is not meant to be all-inclusive of every task and/or responsibility.