Are you detailed-oriented? Do you enjoy working collaboratively with external and internal stakeholders? If so, this could be the position for YOU!
Located in Willimantic, CT, Eastern Connecticut State University (ECSU) is one of the State of Connecticut institutions of higher learning and the state’s designated public liberal arts university. Our mission is to provide high quality undergraduate and select graduate programs to a diverse population of talented students.
We are recruiting for a Cash Accounting Clerk
to work on our beautiful campus in Windham County.
WHAT WE OFFER:
State of Connecticut is an eligible Public Service Loan Forgiveness employer, meaning you may be eligible to have qualifying student loans forgiven after 10 years of service. Click here for more information
A chance to work for a Forbes top company: ‘Forbes’ State of Connecticut Ranked One of the Best Employers of 2023 State of CT Receives National Recognition for Offering Job Growth, Competitive Benefits, and Flexible Schedule
Industry leading health benefits, including medical and dental coverage
State Employee Retirment System (SERS) Tier IV (new hires after 7.17.23)
Voluntary Deferred Compensation 457 Plan through Empower (formerly Prudential)
Paid time off - including 13 holidays per calendar year
Dedicated employee parking
First Shift, 8am - 5pm
Monday - Friday
The individual in this position will be responsible for receipt of funds, making electronic deposits, wire transfers, as well as posting data accounts and balance receipts and disbursements.
FOR ASSISTANCE IN APPLYING:
NOTE: In order to comply with Public Act 21-69
, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs) which will be sent to you via email after the closing date. The email notification will include an expiration date by which you must submit (Finish) your responses. Please regularly check your email for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders, as emails could end up there in error.
All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to HR-Recruitment@easternct.edu
The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class. Should you have questions pertaining to any phase of this recruitment, please contact the hiring agency's human resources office: LaShawn McBride, HR-Recruitment@easternct.edu, (860) 465-5220.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
This class is accountable for collecting large amounts of money and posting to proper accounts.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Performs the following duties to receive funds, to disburse funds, and to record monetary transactions;
- Receives cash or checks in person or by mail;
- Counts money to verify amounts and issues receipts for funds received;
- Issues change and cashes checks; compares totals on cash register with amount of currency in register to verify balances;
- Endorses checks and totals cash and checks for bank deposit;
- Prepares bank deposit slips; withdraws cash from bank accounts and keeps custody of cash fund;
- Searches files (manually or using a computer) for proper account information;
- Posts data to accounts and balances receipts and disbursements;
- Answers questions in person or by phone regarding account status;
- Compiles collection and disbursement reports;
- Performs related general office work (typing, filing, etc.) as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Knowledge of
- accounting codes;
- general office procedures;
- bookkeeping skills;
- interpersonal skills;
- Ability to
- handle large amounts of money;
- perform general clerical tasks;
- operate a variety of office equipment which includes personal computers and electronic equipment, cash registers and check writing machines.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Two (2) years of clerical experience in accounting, financial record keeping or bookkeeping.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one-half (1/2) year of experience.
- Experience with CORE-CT, Banner or TouchNet operating systems, or similar
- Experience working in a team setting and collaboratively with stakeholders
- Experience performing detail-oriented tasks
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
As defined by Sec. 5-196 of the Connecticut General Statutes, a job class is a position or group of positions that share general characteristics and are categorized under a single title for administrative purposes. As such, a job class is not meant to be all-inclusive of every task and/or responsibility.