The State of Connecticut
, Office of the State Comptroller (OSC)
is currently seeking an
experienced program administrator with a strong background in communications and marketing to manage the ArrayRx drug discount program operations, engagement, and communications as the Strategic Communications Director (Director of Communications 1). Join our team and embark on a rewarding career that offers growth, superlative benefits, and a culture that encourages work/life balance.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Full-Time, 40 hours per week
- Monday through Friday
- Location: 165 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, CT 06106
- Hybrid (office/telework) may be available
DISCOVER THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Oversee program operations for ArrayRx, particularly communication and outreach strategy;
- Work with ArrayRx and partner states to manage all of Connecticut’s program components;
- Draft, execute, and manage a communications and outreach plan to reach stakeholders, including targeted engagement with state residents, news media, employees, local governments, nonprofits, and other stakeholders;
- Develop and manage public-facing and internal messages such as press releases, webpages, social media, advertising, and electronic correspondence;
- Serve as the program’s main point of contact for operations and communications;
- Plan and execute promotional marketing events for the program;
- Assist with the preparation of legislative reports and develop relationships with legislators and other program stakeholders.
The Office of the State Comptroller (OSC) is an agency whose mission is to provide accounting and financial services, administer employee and retiree benefits, develop accounting policy and exercise accounting oversight, and prepare financial reports for the state, federal and municipal governments, and the public.
We are located in the State Office Building at 165 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, CT. This state-of-the-art building offers free garage parking, an on-site cafeteria, and ergonomic workspaces.
The State of Connecticut ArrayRx program is a statewide drug discount program administered by the Office of the State Comptroller. The program’s goal is to ensure that all Connecticut residents have access to drug discounts available through ArrayRx to provide much-needed relief on health care costs. This program is part of a multi-state program that is now being launched in Connecticut.
- To be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
- The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date of the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- Please ensure that your application is complete before submitting it. To comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process. You cannot make revisions once your application is submitted into the JobAps system.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting period. It is the candidate’s obligation and accountability to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such an exception. Requests should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER YOU APPLY
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board daily to monitor their status, view all emailed notices, and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- This posting may require the completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders daily in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation that supports their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, transcripts, diplomas, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- Candidates who are offered and accept a position with the State of Connecticut are bound by the State Code of Ethics for Public Officials and State Employees which is available at www.ct.gov/ethics.
CONNECT WITH US
- Due to the large volume of applications received, the State of Connecticut cannot confirm receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account.
- If you have any questions on this recruitment, please contact Sara Garrett at email@example.com or 860-702-3572.
- Follow the State of Connecticut on LinkedIn.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a small to medium state agency this class is accountable for directing agency communications and public relations programs.
- Experience administering programs and managing complex projects.
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships with news media, legislators, and other key stakeholders.
- Experience developing and executing a marketing and outreach plan for a large-scale, multi-faceted project.
- Experience writing public advertising copy and developing marketing materials.
- Experience performing data analysis and market research.
- Experience presenting complex topics to a public audience.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATION PACKAGES AND THOSE RECEIVED AFTER THE CLOSING DATE INDICATED ABOVE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities. If you require accommodations under the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact Sara Garrett at firstname.lastname@example.org