Are you skilled in strategy development and updating digital technologies?
If so, we encourage you to apply today!
The State of Connecticut, Department of Economic and Community Development (DECD), Office of Manufacturing, is seeking a durational Industry 4.0 Program Manager. This individual will spearhead the strategy development and adoption of statewide Industry 4.0 technologies within the manufacturing sector in the State of Connecticut, specifically with digital technologies as part of an ongoing U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) grant-funded project called Scaling Model-Based Definition (SMBD).
Incumbent will be placed in vacancy under durational appointment with anticipated end dates of 12 months. This appointment may be extended. Benefits and leaves will be subject to the appropriate collective bargaining contract language and Connecticut General Statutes.
WE CAN OFFER YOU
THE INDUSTRY 4.0 PROGRAM MANAGER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Industry leading health benefits, including medical, vision and dental coverage
- Competitive starting salary and structure
- Extensive pension plan and supplemental retirement offerings
- Paid time off- including 13 holidays per calendar year
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- Culture that encourages work-life balance as well as an employee assistance program
- Work for a Forbes top company: ‘Forbes’ State of Connecticut Ranked One of the Best Employers of 2023 State of CT Receives National Recognition for Offering Job Growth, Competitive Benefits, and Flexible Schedule
- Tuition reimbursement
- State of Connecticut is an eligible Public Service Loan Forgiveness employer, meaning you may be eligible to have qualifying student loans forgiven after 10 years of service. Click here for more information.
- Collaboratively developing and executing a statewide plan to adopt Industry 4.0 technologies.
- Managing Industry 4.0 grant opportunities (implementation and oversight).
- Interfacing with industry leaders and ecosystem partners.
- Facilitating assessment (e.g., readiness, return on investment, and gathering/assimilating data).
- Leading efforts to promote Industry 4.0 technologies, and other duties as assigned.
- Full Time, 40 hours per week
- Monday through Friday
- First shift hours
- Location: 450 Columbus Blvd in Hartford, CT
- Hybrid (office/telework) available
Please watch the video below about what it's like to be a state employee
- In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on this job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
- The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- Ensure that your application is complete and detailed before submitting it. In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process. You will not be able to make revisions once your application is submitted into the JobAps system.
- Please select all location(s) and shift(s) you are willing to work on your application. Failure to do so may result in not being considered for vacancies in that specific location or shift.
- In order to receive educational credits toward qualification for this job posting, the institution must be accredited. If the institution of higher learning is located outside of the U.S., you are responsible for providing documentation from a recognized USA accrediting service which specializes in determining foreign education equivalencies to the recruiter listed on this job posting.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
FOR ASSISTANCE IN APPLYING:
Important Information After You Apply:
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the questionnaire's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
Connect With Us:
- Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account. Should you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Jasmyn.Raymond@ct.gov.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency this class is accountable for planning, organizing and directing an agency program and/or project or directing the development and administration of programs within a division.
Receives administrative direction from an administrative official of higher grade.
Directs staff as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Directs staff and/or operations of an agency program and/or project or division;
- Coordinates, plans and manages program and/or project activities;
- Formulates goals and objectives;
- Develops or assists in development of related policy;
- Interprets and administers pertinent laws;
- Provides input or evaluates staff;
- Prepares or assists in preparation of budget;
- Maintains contact with individuals within and outside of agency who might impact on program and/or project activities;
- Serves on committees and/or and task forces as required;
- Speaks before professional and lay groups on subjects related to agency mission;
- Leads the recruitment and hiring of staff, including outreach, interview and selection;
- Performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Considerable knowledge of
- and ability to apply management principles and practices;
- relevant state and federal laws, statutes and regulations;
- project management;
- principles and practices of business and public administration with emphasis on effective organization, administration and management
- interpersonal skills;
- oral and written communication skills;
- Considerable ability to analyze organizational problems and determine effective solutions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Nine (9) years of professional experience.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been in the specific area of assignment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
- College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one-half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
- A Master's degree in business administration, public administration or a closely related field may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
- Department of Labor: Two (2) years of experience as an Apprenticeship and Training Program Manager may be substituted for the General and Special Experience.
- Experience with the Defense Manufacturing Sector and Industry 4.0 technologies.
- Experience building relationships and communicating with industry, state government, federal government, academia, federal government, non-profits and technology stakeholders.
- Experience with supply chain development.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Excel to create spreadsheets with formulas and links.
- Experience prioritizing at least two assignments with competing deadlines.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
As defined by Sec. 5-196 of the Connecticut General Statutes, a job class is a position or group of positions that share general characteristics and are categorized under a single title for administrative purposes. As such, a job class is not meant to be all-inclusive of every task and/or responsibility.