Are you an IT leader looking for a new challenge? If so, we encourage you to check out this opportunity!
The State of Connecticut Department of Administrative Services (DAS) Bureau of Information Technology Solutions (BITS) is seeking to hire an Applications Development Supervisor (Information Technology Supervisor) to lead the maintenance of legacy applications and development efforts in Salesforce on behalf of the Department of Social Services (DSS) (Micro Apps Team).
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Work for a Forbes top company - ‘Forbes’: State of Connecticut Ranked One of the Best Employers of 2023 - State of CT Receives National Recognition for Offering Job Growth, Competitive Benefits, and Flexible Schedule
- A competitive starting salary
- Excellent state benefit package, including health and dental coverage
- Generous paid time off
- Retirement plan options
- Alternate work schedules
- A culture that encourages work-life balance
- State of Connecticut is an eligible Public Service Loan Forgiveness employer, meaning you may be eligible to have qualifying student loans forgiven after 10 years of service. Click here for more information.
- Monday - Friday
- Full-time (40 hours per week)
- First shift
- Location: Central Office at 55 Farmington Avenue in Hartford, CT
- Hybrid work environment (combination on-site and remote work)
View the video below to learn what it's like to be part of this innovative BITS team!
- In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on this job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
- The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- Ensure that your application is complete and detailed before submitting it. In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process. You will not be able to make revisions once your application is submitted into the JobAps system.
- Please select all location(s) and shift(s) you are willing to work on your application. Failure to do so may result in not being considered for vacancies in that specific location or shift.
- In order to receive educational credits toward qualification for this job posting, the institution must be accredited. If the institution of higher learning is located outside of the U.S., you are responsible for providing documentation from a recognized USA accrediting service which specializes in determining foreign education equivalencies to the recruiter listed on this job posting.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
FOR ASSISTANCE IN APPLYING:
Important Information After You Apply:
Connect With Us:
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the questionnaire's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account. Should you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Frank DeCusati at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-713-5176.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency major Information Technology (IT) operational environment, this class is accountable for supervising staff and overseeing the planning, analysis, design, selection, installation and implementation of information systems and applications.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Supervise application development work done by state staff and consultants
- Own the responsibility of organizing and delegating project work done by development team
- Conduct evaluations and appraisals of staff and consultants on performance
- Ensure professional development of staff is kept up according to agency guidelines
- Participate in hiring process and onboarding of new team members
- Identify and resolve impediments to success and report issues, progress, and successes to management on a regular basis
- Set and enforce application development standards and practices for the team
- Establish and define goals for application development team for new initiatives
- Provide expertise and guidance to all application development designs and architecture and act as the Technical Lead
- Work with other agencies and provide guidance for state-wide initiatives such as, but not limited to:
- Salesforce Standards and Governance
- Mobile platform development
- Software product evaluations
- Vendor developed solutions
- Guide the creation of APIs, web services, micro services, and applications to meet the needs of the Agency
- Review application development work and architecture in various technologies, platforms and languages to include, but not limited to:
- Salesforce (Apex & Lightning)
- .Net frameworks (C#, F#, VB, ASP, J# etc.)
- Select Query Language (SQL)
- Perform related duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Considerable knowledge of relevant agency policies and procedures; considerable knowledge of principles and techniques of systems analysis, design, development, and computer programming; considerable knowledge of principles of information systems; considerable knowledge of principles and theories of business and planning functions; considerable knowledge of programming languages; considerable knowledge of project management principles and techniques; considerable knowledge of principles, problems and techniques of data processing and data communication operations; considerable knowledge of data processing and data communications equipment and diagnostic tools; considerable knowledge of methods and procedures used to conduct detailed analysis and design of computer systems; considerable knowledge of principles of complex computer operating systems; considerable knowledge of principles and techniques of business information systems re-engineering; considerable knowledge of principles and techniques of programming; considerable knowledge of network protocols and architecture; considerable knowledge of practices and issues of system security and disaster recovery; considerable knowledge of application's system development principles and techniques; considerable knowledge of principles and practices of data base management; considerable interpersonal skills; considerable problem solving skills; considerable oral and written communications skills; considerable technical problem solving skills; considerable analytical skills; considerable ability to prepare correspondence, manuals, reports and documentation; considerable ability to analyze and resolve operational and communications problems; considerable ability to analyze and debug complex software programs; considerable ability to identify, analyze and resolve complex business and technical problems; supervisory ability.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Nine (9) years of experience in information technology (IT) operations, programming, systems/software development or IT related support area.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been performing advanced
technical level duties or as a working supervisor in such areas as: designing,
configuring and implementing complex networks; configuring, installing and
upgrading host based applications packages and host and/or operating system
software; system software/application development, performing any closely
related advanced technical function.
NOTE: For state employees this is interpreted at the level of
Information Technology Analyst 3.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. College training in management information systems, computer science or information technology related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in management information systems, computer science or electrical engineering may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
- Experience as a technical leader for an Application Development team
- Experience with more than one application development platform
- Experience establishing standards and procedures
- Experience communicating Information Technology (IT) concepts to a non-Information Technology (IT) audience
- Experience leading application development architectural designs
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.