Are you passionate about providing exceptional care to our patients?
If so, we encourage you to apply now!
The State of Connecticut, Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) is seeking a highly motivated and compassionate State Program Manager (Electronic Record Registration and Scheduling Analyst) to join our team. This position will work within the Office of the Commissioner.
- Schedule: Full Time (40 hours), Monday - Friday, First Shift (8:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.)
- Work Environment: Hybrid
- Location: Office of the Commissioner (OOC)
- Team: Electronic Health Records Team
- Address: 460 Silver Street, Middletown, CT
- PCN: 138774
- Please Note:
- This position may require travel from the office to off-site facilities.
- This position is open to DMHAS Agency employees only.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- To work for a Forbes top company: ‘Forbes’ State of Connecticut Ranked One of the Best Employers of 2023 - State of CT Receives National Recognition for Offering Job Growth, Competitive Benefits, and Flexible Schedule.
- A Platinum Healthcare Plan, the nation’s best for state employees and dependents, according to a report by Georgetown’s Center on Health Insurance Reform and article by Ellen Andrews, Ph.D.
- As an agency employee, we offer the same competitive benefits you are accustomed to. We encourage a healthy work-life balance for all employees!
Please Note: As a loan forgiveness organization, you may be able to qualify for one or more State or Federal loan forgiveness programs.
DISCOVER THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Design, build, implement, optimize and test software for patient friendly access;
- Collaborate with internal and external resources;
- Provide support, including on-site support as needed, to the eight state operated DMHAS facilities;
- Troubleshoot issues;
- Manage work queues;
- Design and implement workflows; and
- Ensure that the system meets the organization’s needs.
DMHAS is a health care agency whose mission is to promote the overall health and wellness of persons with behavioral health needs through an integrated network of holistic, comprehensive, effective, and efficient services and supports that foster dignity, respect, and self-sufficiency in those we serve.
FOR ASSISTANCE IN APPLYING:
Please Note: In order to be considered for this job opening you must be a current State of CT employee of the agency listed above for at least six (6) months of full-time service or full-time equivalent service, absent any applicable collective bargaining language, and meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
Please Note: In order to receive educational credits toward
qualification for this job posting, the institution must be accredited.
If the institution of higher learning is located outside of the U.S., you are
responsible for providing documentation from a recognized USA accrediting
service which specializes in determining foreign education equivalencies to the
recruiter listed on this job posting.
- In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- You must specify your qualifications on your application. You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application for this posting to the JobAps system.
- In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
- This position will be filled in accordance with contractual language, reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules.
Important Next Step Information for After You Apply:
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, transcripts, diplomas, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- Candidates who are offered and accept a position with the State of Connecticut are bound by the State Code of Ethics for Public Officials and State Employees which is available at www.ct.gov/ethics.
Connect With Us:
- Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process.
- Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account. If you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment please contact Nicole Frascatore via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency this class is accountable for planning, organizing and directing an agency program and/or project or directing the development and administration of programs within a division.
Receives administrative direction from an administrative official of higher grade.
Directs staff as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Directs staff and/or operations of an agency program and/or project or division;
- Coordinates, plans and manages program and/or project activities;
- Formulates goals and objectives;
- Develops or assists in development of related policy;
- Interprets and administers pertinent laws;
- Provides input or evaluates staff;
- Prepares or assists in preparation of budget;
- Maintains contact with individuals within and outside of agency who might impact on program and/or project activities;
- Serves on committees and/or and task forces as required;
- Speaks before professional and lay groups on subjects related to agency mission;
- Leads the recruitment and hiring of staff, including outreach, interview and selection;
- Performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Considerable knowledge of
- and ability to apply management principles and practices;
- relevant state and federal laws, statutes and regulations;
- project management;
- principles and practices of business and public administration with emphasis on effective organization, administration and management
- interpersonal skills;
- oral and written communication skills;
- Considerable ability to analyze organizational problems and determine effective solutions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Nine (9) years of professional experience.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been in the specific area of assignment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
- College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one-half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
- A Master's degree in business administration, public administration or a closely related field may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
- Department of Labor: Two (2) years of experience as an Apprenticeship and Training Program Manager may be substituted for the General and Special Experience.
- Experience scheduling in a large healthcare organization
- Experience with behavioral health practices
- Experience with case management
- Experience working with health plans
- Experience working as part of a large inter-disciplinary team
- Clinical Licensure
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
As defined by Sec. 5-196 of the Connecticut General Statutes, a job class is a position or group of positions that share general characteristics and are categorized under a single title for administrative purposes. As such, a job class is not meant to be all-inclusive of every task and/or responsibility.