Do you want to make a difference while participating in a dynamic and reciprocal health care environment in the public sector?
If so, we have an excellent opportunity for you to join our hospital’s team!
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- The opportunity
to work for a Forbes top company: 'Forbes' State of
Connecticut Ranked One of the Best Employers of 2023 - State
of CT Receives National Recognition for Offering Job Growth, Competitive
Benefits, and Flexible Schedule
- A Platinum
Healthcare Plan, the nation’s best for state employees and dependents,
according to a report by Georgetown’s Center on Health Insurance Reform
and article by Ellen Andrews, Ph.D., along with comprehensive benefit
- Extensive pension plan and
supplemental retirement offerings
- Generous paid time off,
including 13 paid holidays per calendar year
- Professional growth and
- A healthy work/life balance to all
of Connecticut is an eligible Public Service Loan Forgiveness employer,
meaning you may be eligible to have qualifying student loans forgiven
after 10 years of service. Click here for
DISCOVER THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Provides comprehensive advanced nursing treatments and/or health care services to patients;
- Conduct clinical assessment, treatments, diagnosing medical conditions, and assess emergencies;
- Order, analyze, and interpret results of diagnostic studies;
- Prescribe medication, monitor responses to medications, and adjust accordingly;
- Make appropriate referrals to specialists;
- Document medical care and provide specialized duties in providing medical care to a variety of patients;
- Educate individuals regarding diagnosis and treatment;
- Consult with clinical staff regarding assessment methods and treatment plans; and
- Prepare reports on health services, problems and investigations.
DMHAS is a health care agency whose mission is to promote the overall health and wellness of persons with behavioral health needs through an integrated network of holistic, comprehensive, effective, and efficient services and supports that foster dignity, respect, and self-sufficiency in those we serve.
CVH opened in 1868 as the State’s public hospital for the treatment of persons with mental illness. Today, CVH is the largest of DMHAS facilities, and includes 17 inpatient units over two campuses (Middletown and Hartford). The hospital includes both a general psychiatry and addiction services units. CVH provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient psychiatric care and substance abuse treatment, including treatment for pregnant women and persons with dual diagnoses. Specialty areas include geriatric and special services, an integrated network of comprehensive mental health services for older adults and young adult services. The facility also runs the Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) program which addresses the needs of TBI survivors, including; reintegration into community living, independent living skills development, vocational and educational training, psychiatric, cognitive and neurological assessment and treatment, speech and physical rehabilitation as well as individual and family counseling.
At CVH, individuals receive services that assist them to better manage their illnesses, achieve personal goals, and develop skills and supports that lead to living the most constructive and satisfying lives possible. We strive to promote recovery through collaborative, compassionate, and culturally competent treatment in a safe and caring environment.
We welcome you to be a part of a comprehensive team of caring professionals and assist our clients/patients so they can achieve success. You will experience the opportunity to make a difference in the public sector as well as Make an ImpaCT as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner for the State of Connecticut! We encourage you to apply today!
Watch the video below to see what it is like to be a State of Connecticut employee!
FOR ASSISTANCE IN APPLYING:
FOR THOSE WHO HOLD AN RN LICENSE IN A STATE OTHER THAN CONNECTICUT AND WISH TO APPLY FOR A CONNECTICUT LICENSE, PLEASE:
- Review the eligibility and documentation requirements for CT license by endorsement of an out-of-state license;
- Complete a CT DPH online application online (expand the ‘Public Health Practitioners’ grouping, select ‘Registered Nurse’ and then ‘Start’;
- Request verification of your out-of-state license(s) electronically through the National Council of State Boards of Nursing’s : Nursys® System. To send verification of your license(s) to CT, read and agree to the terms, enter your biographic information, select your license type and select ‘SEARCH’. Review the results and select the ‘Next’ button. Check the box next to ‘Connecticut’ and complete the transaction. Once the transaction is completed, you will receive a confirmation email from Nursys and the verification will be available to the DPH. Note that PA and MI verifications are not provided through Nursys. Please contact those state boards for information on obtaining verification.
- In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- You must specify your qualifications on your application. You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application for this posting to the JobAps system.
- In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
- This position will be filled in accordance with contractual language, reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules.
Important Next Step Information for After You Apply:
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, transcripts, diplomas, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- Candidates who are offered and accept a position with the State of Connecticut are bound by the State Code of Ethics for Public Officials and State Employees which is available at www.ct.gov/ethics.
Connect With Us:
- Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process.
- Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account. If you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment please contact Nicole Frascatore via email at email@example.com.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency health care delivery system
this class is accountable for independently assessing, evaluating an
individual’s health care status and developing a treatment plan to manage
health problems and promote health maintenance and providing consultation
services to optimize services provided and effect system changes.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Provides comprehensive advanced nursing
treatments and/or health care services to individuals including clinical assessments,
treatments, diagnosing medical conditions, assessing emergencies, ordering,
analyzing and interpreting results of diagnostic studies, prescribing
medication and monitoring responses to medications and adjusting accordingly,
making appropriate referrals to specialists; leading cardiac arrest codes and
documenting medical and/or psychiatric care; performs specialized duties in
providing medical and psychiatric care to a variety of individuals including
hospitalized and ambulatory individuals with acute and chronic conditions;
provides individual psychotherapy; educates individuals regarding diagnosis and
treatment; assesses the effectiveness of health and/or psychiatric care
services; consults with clinical staff regarding assessment methods and
treatment plans; assists regional and/or central office staff in determining
need for contractual health services; provides direction to staff on
appropriate health record documentation; functions as liaison between agency
and community health care providers; prepares reports on health services,
problems and investigations; participates in quality assurance and other
clinical committees as needed; assists families and other groups in
understanding medical and/or psychiatric needs of clients serviced by agency;
participates as a member of multi-disciplinary evaluation team; may provide
training to nursing and paraprofessional staff; may complete home assessments
for safety; may participate in investigations of abuse and/or neglect; may
testify in court; may direct agency clinic services; performs related duties as
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Considerable knowledge of advanced nursing principles and treatments;
considerable knowledge of relevant state and federal laws, statutes and
regulations; knowledge of psychiatric nursing principles and practices,
treatment modalities and concepts of community programs; knowledge of substance
abuse issues as they relate to individuals overall health and/or psychiatric
status and course of treatment; knowledge of state, federal and local health
care agencies and programs; knowledge of pharmacology as it relates to advanced
nursing practice; considerable interpersonal skills; considerable oral and
written communication skills; considerable clinical assessment and evaluation
skills; ability to examine, diagnose, assess and treat individuals requiring
health care services; ability to interpret diagnostic tests; ability to prescribe
appropriate medications and other treatments; ability to utilize computer
software; administrative ability.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
A current license as an advanced practice registered nurse issued by the Connecticut Department of Public Health.
- Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain Connecticut Controlled Substance Registration for Practitioners issued by the State of Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection.
- Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain United States Drug Enforcement Administration Registration issued by the United States Federal Government.
- Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain eligibility for participation in federal health care programs as defined in 42 U.S. 1320a-7b(f).
- Incumbents in this class are required to possess and maintain relevant registration(s) and/or certification(s).
- Incumbents in this class may be required to possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s license.
- Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
Incumbents in this class may be required to lift and restrain patients/offenders and may have some exposure to infectious and/or communicable diseases and disagreeable conditions.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.