Do you want to make a difference while participating in a dynamic and reciprocal health care environment in the public sector? If so, we have an excellent opportunity for you to join our hospital’s team!
- FACILITY: Connecticut Mental Health Center (CMHC)
- UNIT: Care Management Unit within a locked Inpatient Unit
- ADDRESS: 34 Park Street, New Haven, CT
- SCHEDULE: Full-Time, 40 hours per week, first shift, 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday
- POSITION NUMBER: 26586
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- To work for a Forbes top company: ‘Forbes’ State of Connecticut Ranked One of the Best Employers of 2023 - State of CT Receives National Recognition for Offering Job Growth, Competitive Benefits, and Flexible Schedule;
- We offer a competitive benefits plan that includes healthcare coverage, a retirement plan as well as paid time off, including 13 paid holidays per calendar year.
- We encourage a strong work/life balance for all state employees.
- We offer opportunities for professional and personal growth.
- We have limitless areas for you to perform relevant and significant work.
- As a loan forgiveness organization, you may be able to qualify for one or more State or Federal loan forgiveness programs.
DISCOVER THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Take minutes at meetings;
- Schedule medical appointments;
- Maintain probate court and other official business correspondence;
- Collaborate with the Medical Record Department with work such as filing of client records and maintaining integrity of client records on any given unit or treatment team;
- Update and maintain client demographic data in clients’ electronic health, measuring and analyzing, tracking and reporting on billable electronic data entry service information; and
- Monitor reimbursable outpatient managed care authorization/reauthorizations for behavioral health services using site visits to satellite clinics.
DMHAS is a health care agency whose mission is to promote the overall health and wellness of persons with behavioral health needs through an integrated network of holistic, comprehensive, effective, and efficient services and supports that foster dignity, respect, and self-sufficiency in those we serve.
CMHC is an urban community mental health center with an exceptional 50-year tradition of serving individuals with serious mental illness. We aim to treat people with mental illness in their communities, to provide a place for researchers from many fields to find new treatments, and to teach professionals in the care of mental illness.
FOR ASSISTANCE IN APPLYING:
Please Note: In order to receive educational credits toward qualification for this job posting, the institution must be accredited. If the institution of higher learning is located outside of the U.S., you are responsible for providing documentation from a recognized USA accrediting service which specializes in determining foreign education equivalencies to the recruiter listed on this job posting.
This position may be subject to Federal requirements of COVID-19 Vaccination.
- In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- You must specify your qualifications on your application. You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application for this posting to the JobAps system.
- In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
- This position will be filled in accordance with contractual language, reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules.
AFTER YOU APPLY
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- NOTE: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, transcripts, diplomas, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- Candidates who are offered and accept a position with the State of Connecticut are bound by the State Code of Ethics for Public Officials and State Employees which is available at www.ct.gov/ethics.
CONNECT WITH US
- Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process.
- Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account. If you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Jensine Tran at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency, this class is accountable for performing a full range of secretarial support functions.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Performs a variety of secretarial duties as described in the following areas:
- Using computers, tablets, and other electronic equipment, formats and types a full range of correspondence, reports, bills, drafts, etc. from rough draft, transcription, dictated notes, etc.;
- Proofreads for content;
- Edits using knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Designs office filing systems;
- Organizes and maintains files (including confidential files);
- Maintains, updates and reviews reference materials and manuals.
- Composes routine letters/memoranda, etc. (e.g., standard replies and acknowledgement letters) for supervisor's signature.
- REPORT WRITING:
- Compiles information from standard sources and prepares data reports (e.g., number of forms processed during the month).
- Greets and directs visitors;
- Answers phones and takes messages;
- Answers questions requiring knowledge of terminology, organization, supervisor's responsibilities, etc. (e.g., appropriate referrals, general purpose of the unit).
- Scans correspondence;
- Pulls and attaches related materials;
- Reviews, routes and prioritizes mail.
- Arranges and coordinates meetings (including space and equipment);
- Writes minutes of meetings, lectures, conferences, etc. from rough draft;
- Takes notes and/or meeting minutes;
- Prepares expense accounts;
- Makes travel arrangements.
- OFFICE MANAGEMENT:
- Maintains an inventory of supplies and equipment;
- Orders supplies when necessary;
- Completes, processes, and maintains paperwork for purchasing (e.g., orders, requisitions, invoices, etc.);
- Maintains time and attendance records;
Performs related duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Considerable knowledge of
- office systems and procedures;
- proper grammar, punctuation and spelling;
- Knowledge of business communications;
- Some knowledge of business math;
- interpersonal skills;
- oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to
- schedule and prioritize office workflow;
- operate office equipment which includes computers, tablets, and other electronic equipment;
- operate office suite software;
- take notes (shorthand, speedwriting or other method acceptable to the supervisor).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Two (2) years of experience above the routine clerk level in office support or secretarial work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
College training in the secretarial sciences may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one-half (1/2) year of experience.
- Experience with both paper and electronic records
- Experience working in a medical institution or hospital setting
- Experience maintaining health records in accordance with HIPAA
- Experience in processing request to obtain/disclose protected health information
- Experience processing subpoenas or court orders
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.