Are you a self-starter with a passion for the environment and an interest in land surveying? If so, we have a terrific seasonal opportunity for you!
The State of Connecticut, Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) is seeking a Seasonal Resource Assistant to support our Land Registry Unit. This seasonal position is based out of Hartford, CT. Work hours will be approximately 40 hours per week, depending on available work assignments but will not exceed the total allowable hours of 1,040 by DEEP.
- Schedule: 8am-4:30pm. Work remotely and in Hartford.
- The position will also require independent work coordinating with other DEEP staff to discern areas to be mapped.
- Salary: Depends on relevant education and/or experience. There are no benefits with this position.
For technical support regarding the filing of your application in JobAps, please contact Nicholas Naples at Nicholas.Naples@ct.gov.
Any inquiries regarding the status of your application for this Unit’s positions must be made directly to: Brian.Florek@ct.gov, (860)424-3040.
CT DEEP encourages you to consider applying for seasonal opportunities at alternate locations as your application is under review.
The Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) is charged with conserving, improving and protecting the natural resources and the environment of the state of Connecticut as well as making cheaper, cleaner and more reliable energy available for the people and businesses of the state. The agency is also committed to playing a positive role in rebuilding Connecticut’s economy and creating jobs – and to fostering a sustainable and prosperous economic future for the state.
Please watch this video below to learn more:
The position will also require independent work coordinating with other DEEP staff to discern areas to be mapped. These positions are seasonal, non-competitive, and open to the public.
IMPORTANT SELECTIONS INFORMATION
- Selected candidates must be fluent in English and be at least 18 years old.
- Applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies.
- Complete a Master Application and directly apply to this recruitment.
- In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process. Please ensure that your application is complete. You will be unable to make revisions once you officially submit your application to the State of Connecticut.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER YOU APPLY
- The recruitment process may take several months. Due to volume, we are unable to give individual application updates. We encourage applicants to review their application status via their Personal Status Board on JobAps.
- Please regularly check your email for notifications (be sure to check your SPAM and/or Junk folders, as emails could end up there in error.)
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, as a limited duration employee, performs one or more of a variety of tasks and assigned duties of a seasonal nature.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Land Surveying;
- AutoCAD work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Ability to follow instructions.
- Preferred candidate will have an advanced working knowledge of Land Surveying.
- Candidate will also be able to read and interpret property and easement descriptions. Be able to complete coordinate geometry to input plans into ARCGIS. All data generated will later be uploaded into the Public Land Use Registry (the Registry). All details related to the created parcel must be reflected in the Registry including, but not limited to the grantor, grantee, acreage, funding sources, encumbrances or items benefitting said property.
- Preferred candidate will be required to occasionally work in the field as a Surveying Assistant.
- Preferred candidate will be required to research DEEP records for pertinent land documentation.
1. Incumbents in this class who are assigned as supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.