The State of Connecticut, Paid Family and Medical Leave Insurance Authority (the “Authority"), has an anticipated opening for an experienced Salesforce Administrator. The Salesforce Administrator works in partnership with the IT Director, IT Solution Architect and IT Solution Manager and is responsible for building and configuring complex Salesforce applications to meet business process and application requirements.
- Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Hybrid schedule on first shift
- Monday through Friday work week
About the Authority:
The Paid Family and Medical Leave Insurance Authority is a quasi-governmental agency formed by statute and signed into law by Governor Ned Lamont in 2019. Its mission is to help Connecticut’s workforce navigate health challenges and life changes with greater financial security.
Through a trust funded by employees, the Authority makes benefits payments to eligible employees when either the employee or their family member takes a leave from work to care for themselves or a family member.
What We Can Offer You: We participate in a competitive benefits package that includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, retirement plan options, paid time off, and so much more. We encourage a healthy work-life balance for all employees!
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience most closely meets the preferred qualifications, so please ensure that your application is complete and details your experience as outlined in this job posting. Please note: You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application into the JobAps system.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
- The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- Ensure that your application is complete and detailed before submitting it. In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process. You will not be able to make revisions once your application is submitted into the JobAps system.
- Please select all location(s) and shift(s) you are willing to work on your application. Failure to do so may result in not being considered for vacancies in that specific location.
Important Next Step Information for After You Apply:
Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated to apply for this position.
All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
Due to the large volume of applications received, the Department of Administrative Services is unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account.
Connect With Us:
If you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment please contact Jasmyn Raymond at Jasmyn.Raymond@ct.gov and reference the recruitment number.
Follow the State of Connecticut on LinkedIn.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Designing and implementing solutions using Service Cloud, Community Cloud, and the Force.com platform.
- Supporting solutions for an employer portal and employer registration and payment processes.
- Distinguish the key components that contribute to performance optimization within a design.
- Build solutions that scale and perform.
- Anticipate and mitigate risks and issues.
- Meet and manage customer expectations.
- Collaborate with developers, platform administrators, and stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Consistently deliver effective business solutions.
- Follow a consistent and automated way to build, package, and test applications for continuous integration (CI).
- Analyze customer requirements to determine an appropriate solution design considering capabilities, limitations, and design trade-offs.
- Foster collaboration by promoting cooperative goals, building trust, and enlisting others in a common vision.
- Ability to be engaged and present on-camera using virtual face-to-face technologies (MS Teams).
- Complete technical documentation.
- Work with integrated applications including Blackthorn, Stripe, CloudCollect.
- Performs related duties as required.
- 5+ years’ experience with information technology software development.
- 3+ years’ experience with Salesforce configuration changes, including flows, process builder, record types, page layouts, object and field definition, custom settings, dashboards and reports.
- Experience using data loader.
- Experience with user and license management including new user setup/deactivation, roles, profiles, permissions, sharing rules and groups.
- DevOps/Release management experience.
- Sandbox environment management.
- Experience with the agile software development.
- Experience with Salesforce Service Cloud.
- Certified Salesforce.com Administrator, Advanced Administrator.
- Trailhead badges/Super badges.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.