Are you a self-starter? Are you looking to make a difference? If so, please read on to learn more about this wonderful opportunity!
Located in Willimantic, CT, Eastern Connecticut State University (ECSU) is one of the State of Connecticut institutions of higher learning and the state’s designated public liberal arts university. Our mission is to provide high quality undergraduate and select graduate programs to a diverse population of talented students.
We are recruiting for a full-time, Processing Technician position in the Accounts Payable Department. This position is full-time, 40 hours per week; Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm.
This individual will:
- process travel authorizations, advances & reimbursements as well as process PCard transactions.
- resolve vendor & client inquires.
- be a team player who enjoys working collaboratively with external and internal customers.
NOTE: In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process.
The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs) which will be sent to you via email after the closing date. The email notification will include an expiration date by which you must submit (Finish) your responses. Please regularly check your email for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders, as emails could end up there in error.
All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov
Should you have questions pertaining to any phase of this recruitment, please contact the hiring agency's human resources office: LaShawn McBride, HR-Recruitment@easternct.edu
, (860) 465-5220.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency this class is accountable for independently performing the most complex tasks in carrying out and maintaining a complex clerical processing service having a statewide impact. Services which have a statewide impact are defined as services which directly reach and assist members of the general public.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Performs the most complex duties related to an agency’s clerical processing functions;
- Examines incoming materials for accuracy, completeness and conformance to state statutes and regulations;
- Makes corrections and/or additions;
- Devises follow up procedures to efficiently and effectively carry out activities;
- Initiates and maintains communications with a wide variety of resources to verify information and complete transactions including other state employees, offices and outside officials such as attorneys, judicial and social welfare officials or representatives;
- Interprets and applies state statutes and regulations relating to the particular processing service;
- Makes decisions as to case status, transaction permissibility or admissibility;
- Responds to internal and external inquiries for information and assistance;
- Sets up and maintains office procedures, filing and indexing systems and forms for office use and to meet recurring needs;
- Maintains calendars of due dates and initiates recurring work or special clerical projects accordingly;
- Maintains records and logs;
- Prepares status or statistical reports related to processing function;
- Assists in maintaining general files in support of processing function;
- Initiates correspondence in carrying out duties;
- Types correspondence, forms, file documentation, etc. in support of processing function;
- May process fees and maintain financial records;
- May lead lower level clerical employees assisting in carrying out processing responsibilities;
- Performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Knowledge of office systems and procedures;
- interpersonal skills;
- oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to
- compose effective correspondence and forms;
- read, comprehend and apply laws, regulations, and procedural guidelines;
- organize and coordinate workflow;
- articulate ideas and information effectively;
- perform research assignments;
- devise and maintain record keeping and filing systems;
- examine documents for accuracy and completeness;
- operate office equipment including computers, tablets, and other electronic equipment;
- operate office suite software.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Three (3) years of clerical work experience.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must have involved a full range of clerical duties as an Office Assistant, Interpreter Clerk or its equivalent.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one-half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of two (2) years.
The successful candidate should:
- be detail oriented.
- have experience with CORE CT, Banner operating systems, or similar.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.