Are you a dynamic business and technology leader? Do you have a strong background in Oracle PeopleSoft or considerable knowledge of ERP systems and integrations?
The State of Connecticut, Office of the State Comptroller (OSC), is an agency whose mission is to provide accounting and financial services, to administer employee and retiree benefits, to develop accounting policy and exercise accounting oversight, and to prepare financial reports for the state, federal and municipal governments and the public.
- State of the art building
- Free garage parking
- On-Site Cafeteria
- Ergonomic workspaces
- Located in Hartford, CT, close to major highways
WHAT WE OFFER:
An excellent salary and a competitive benefits plan that includes healthcare coverage, a retirement plan, telework opportunities, as well as paid time off.
We are seeking a Core-CT Technical/Business Team Manager to function in the role of ERP Business Team Manager. The Core-CT division runs the State of Connecticut’s PeopleSoft based Enterprise Resource Planning system.
This position will have management responsibilities for the business and functional support teams focused on the delivery of key HRMS and Financial services within Core-CT. It will work closely with OSC management, technology teams, state agencies, vendors and other business stakeholders.
The responsibilities of this position include the day-to-day coordination of business activities and oversite of the service delivery teams. It will work directly with the technical services teams to ensure system reliability, execution of key business functions and accuracy of ERP data and processes. NOTE: This position requires a strong background in Oracle PeopleSoft or considerable knowledge of ERP systems and integrations.
In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process. Please ensure that your application is complete prior to submitting. NOTE: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, supervisory references, attendance records, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. Questions about these required documents should be directed to the hiring agency's human resources office: email@example.com.
Candidates must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated to apply for this position. State employees currently holding the above title or those who have previously attained permanent status in the class may apply for a lateral transfer. Candidates who have been selected for employment with the Office of the State Comptroller are subject to a detailed background investigation, including a fingerprint supported state and federal criminal history record check along with reference checks. Selection for employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of the background investigation.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQ’s) which will be sent to you via email after the closing date. Please regularly check your email for notifications, including your SPAM/JUNK folders. You must reply by the deadline indicated on the notification or you will be automatically disqualified from consideration.
Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements and preferred qualifications of the position.
All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@CT.GOV.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In the Office of the State Comptroller this class is accountable for the technical strategic direction of the statewide human resources and fiscal/administrative Enterprise Resource Planning system.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Directs staff and operations of the CORE-CT Technical Team or Business Team;
- Coordinates, plans and manages area activities to align with CORE-CT business strategy;
- Formulates program goals and objectives;
- Develops or assists in development of related policy;
- Interprets and administers pertinent laws;
- Evaluates staff;
- Prepares or assist in preparation of area budget;
- Maintains contacts with individuals within and outside of area who might impact on program activities;
- Provides strategic input on enterprise-wide short-term and long-range planning;
- Works as part of a management team to establish statewide priorities and effect information technology solutions that meet agencies' needs and align with statewide goals;
- Leads and influences decisions regarding changes to system or administrative processes to further streamline and maximize integration and utilization of system components;
- Coordinates use of key people, resources, technologies, processes and capabilities to reach strategic goals;
- Stays abreast of local, regional and national industry trends;
- Approves and oversees all changes to CORE-CT technical infrastructure;
- Determines CORE-CT technology infrastructure standards;
- Plans and supports information technology staff development;
- Leads the recruitment and hiring of staff, including outreach, interview and selection;
- Performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Considerable knowledge of
- and ability to apply management principles and practices;
- relevant state and federal laws, statutes and regulations;
- information technology methods, techniques and equipment;
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) n-tiered integrated systems;
- Knowledge of relevant statewide business processes;
- interpersonal skills;
- oral and written communication skills;
- Considerable ability to
- analyze technical and functional requirements and information;
- coordinate resources and collaborate with others to implement effective solutions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Ten (10) years of experience in Information Technology management directing cloud, computer or network operations, or performing ERP system management, systems development, information technology analysis and planning.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
Two (2) years of the General Experience must have been in a managerial capacity working with PeopleSoft or a comparable integrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
NOTE: For state employees, managerial capacity is interpreted at the level of an Agency Information Technology Manager or Information Technology Manager 1.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
College training in management information systems, cloud, computer science or an information technology and/or related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling one half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor’s degree.
A Master’s degree in business management, finance, information systems, computer science, information technology or a related area may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
Experience with ERP Systems
Experience with PeopleSoft 9.2 HCM and FSCM
Experience managing Peoplesoft applications or a similar ERP system in a cloud environment
Experience with DevOps practices and tools
Effective leadership and communication skills
Effective team and project management skills
Experience interpreting and analyzing state and federal legislation including GASB regulations and NACHA rules
Experience recommending and implementing new legislation, software upgrades and new regulations
Experience analyzing business processes and requirements and implement solutions
Experience with public sector human resource and financial systems
Comprehensive understanding of information technology including cloud, security and databases
Excellent written and oral communication skills
INCOMPLETE APPLICATION PACKAGES AND THOSE RECEIVED AFTER THE CLOSING DATE INDICATED ABOVE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer. The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities. If you are requesting special accommodations under the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) please contact Bonnie Schlechtweg at 860.702.3323 or Bonnie.Schlechtweg@ct.gov.
As defined by Sec. 5-196 of the Connecticut General Statutes, a job class is a position or group of positions that share general characteristics and are categorized under a single title for administrative purposes. As such, a job class is not meant to be all-inclusive of every task and/or responsibility.