Do you enjoy leading a team in project management? If so, we invite you to apply!
The State of Connecticut, Department of Social Services (DSS) is recruiting for a Durational Project Manager, in Central Office located at 55 Farmington Avenue, Hartford, CT 06105. This hybrid opportunity is full-time, 40 hours per week, with a Monday through Friday schedule. The first shift hours are 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
About the role:
This role will manage the transition of the state’s eligibility systems maintenance and operations support under its Enterprise Operating Model (EOM) contract from the existing vendor (Deloitte) to the new vendor (Infosys). There are four affiliated contracts (three vendors) associated with this transition.
This position currently has an end date of June 2024, but may be extended as warranted. Benefits and leaves for this position will be subject to the Connecticut General Statutes.
The Department of Social Services participates in the E-Verify system, which is a web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.
Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience most closely meets the preferred qualifications, so please ensure that your application is complete and details your experience as outlined in this job posting. Please note: You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application into the JobAps system.
The immediate vacancy is listed above, however applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process.
Important Next Step Information for After You Apply:
Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated to apply for this position.
All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
Connect With Us:
If you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment please contact Jasmyn Raymond at Jasmyn.Raymond@ct.gov and reference the recruitment number.
Follow the State of Connecticut on LinkedIn.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency makes or conducts a special inquiry, investigation, examination or installation pursuant to Section 5-198(n) of the Connecticut General Statutes.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Primary responsibility for the successful execution of the transition of enterprise operating model services from the existing vendor to the incoming vendor
- Management of the complex interaction of the following contracts in support of the transition:
- Incoming vendor (Infosys) maintenance and operations contract
- Outgoing vendor (Deloitte) maintenance and operations contract
- Transition management services vendor contract
- Minor modifications and coding enhancement contract with current vendor (Deloitte)
- Project management planning oversight and coordination with multiple stakeholders, including all state partners and vendors involved
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders; delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
- Responsibility for all phases of project of a highly complex nature, which may include subprojects involving multiple technical and business work streams, and acts as a single point of contact for all efforts
- Understand current risk and issues impacting the project and how they tie into the critical path for transition; proactively managing risks and issues ensuring high delivery confidence for business operational state
- Identify gaps in transition readiness and develop mitigation strategies to close them
- Plan and manage artifact creation and tracking across all efforts and involving all stakeholders
- Establish project governance team(s), conduct project meetings and responsible for tracking and analysis of action items across all involved parties
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and reviews all project deliverables
- Communicate with stakeholders on an ongoing basis; estimate resources and participants needed to achieve project goals; draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
- Provide timely and relevant updates to appropriate executive leadership, stakeholders and decision makers
Preference will be given to candidates with the following experience:
- Primary management of large technology projects, with experience in transition of maintenance and operations across vendors.
- Project management planning oversight and coordination with multiple stakeholders.
- Having responsibility for all phases of projects of a highly complex nature, which may include subprojects involving multiple technical and business work streams, and acts as a single point of contact for all efforts.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.