Are you interested in a career where you can make a difference, do what you are passionate about, and receive personal fulfillment? If you are that candidate, then we are looking for you to be a part of our team and invite you to check out this exciting opportunity!
The State of Connecticut, Department of Developmental Services (DDS), South Region has one current full-time job opportunity for a Clinical Nurse Coordinator based out of the Wallingford Office in the Private Health Services Division. This is a full-time, 35 hour per week, 1st shift position, with a 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday work schedule. Flexibility need to make periodic schedule adjustments based on organizational needs.
In this role, the selected candidate will provide case support through nursing clinical consultation to agency staff. You will assist staff in the decision-making process as it relates to medical and health issues of individuals in DDS’s care. Additionally, among other duties assigned, we would have you:
As a state employee, you will be open to a terrific work life balance and competitive benefits package. This includes; excellent health care, generous leave policies, a retirement plan, a deferred compensation program, and more.
- Provide nursing consultation.
- Participate in home visitations with other staff.
- Attend physician appointments and hospital visits as needed.
- Work collaboratively with community-based healthcare providers in facilitating care and addressing the health needs of individuals in our care.
We hope you take this opportunity to continue your career with us and make an impact by serving your state!
Incumbents in this class must possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle License. Incumbents in this class will be required to travel. Incumbents in this class must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse in CT.
If you require an accommodation to participate fully and fairly under the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact Jennifer Borenski, EEO Specialist 2 at (860) 418-6143 or Jennifer.Borenski@ct.gov.
- In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on this job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
- The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process.
Important Next Step Information for After You Apply:
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated to apply for this position.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
Connect With Us:
- If you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment please contact Elizabeth Weston at Elizabeth.Weston@ct.gov and reference the recruitment number.
- Due to the large volume of applications received, the Department of Administrative Services is unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state facility this class is accountable for coordinating the various facets of clinical programs involving multiple units OR for serving as liaison between the facility and community programs and placement settings.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Writes clinical program objectives, policies, procedures and manuals; conducts individual health assessments; develops, implements and reviews individual health care plans; participates or chairs individual centered interdisciplinary teams; interviews individual; accompanies individual on visits to treatment programs or placement settings; follows up on individual care in community programs to assure individual in least restrictive environment; assures continuity of care to prevent recidivism; applies for financial aid for individual through Department of Social Services; maintains records of individual progress or failure after placement; develops community health resources and provides on-going consultation and monitoring of services; acts as a resource person to staff and community; prepares reports and statistical summaries; may clinically supervise direct care staff in execution of clinical programs; may develop and conduct inservice educational programs for staff and families; may perform recordkeeping functions; performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Knowledge of nursing principles and clinical therapeutic models of individual care with emphasis on interdisciplinary team approaches; knowledge of individual treatment planning including impact of medical insurance program requirements for reimbursement; knowledge of structure of services for individuals and their families in institutional and community oriented settings; knowledge of aftercare facilities; considerable interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Three (3) years of professional nursing experience.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been at the level of Head Nurse working with the type of individuals serviced by the facility.
DEPARTMENT OF DEVELOPMENTAL SERVICES: One (1) year of the General Experience must have been providing consultation and evaluating the assessment of nursing services provided to individuals with intellectual disabilities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
A Bachelor's degree in nursing may be substituted for one (1) year of the General Experience.
A Master's degree in nursing may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
- Experience working with the medical and behavioral needs of individuals with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities across the life span.
- Experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities and/or autism.
- Experience with clinical documentation and writing skills.
- Experience in working in community and family home settings and coordinating in home supports.
- Experience with Private Sector and families preferred.
- Experience reviewing health information and formulating reports.
- Experience with or coursework in DDS health policies.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Incumbents in this class must possess and retain a license as a registered nurse in Connecticut.
Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.