|Date Opened||5/25/2022 10:30:00 AM|
|Salary||$75,647 - $102,017/year|
|Job Type||Open to Agency Employees|
|Close Date||6/3/2022 11:59:00 PM|
In order to be considered for this job opening you must be a current State of CT employee of the agency listed above for at least six (6) months of full-time service or full-time equivalent service, absent any applicable collective bargaining language, and meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
• In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on this job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
• The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
• Ensure that your application is complete and detailed before submitting it. In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process. You will not be able to make revisions once your application is submitted into the JobAps system.
• All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
Important Information After You Apply:
• This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the questionnaire's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
• Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
• Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
• The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
Should you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Mackenzie Coleman at email@example.com.
In a Department of Correction facility, this class is accountable for the supervision and administration of an assigned nursing, mental health or related specialty unit including the direction and coordination of staff in order to ensure that the highest quality of nursing and/or mental health care is provided for the inmate population.
Considerable knowledge of and ability to independently apply nursing principles, techniques and standards; considerable knowledge of medication, their actions, interactions, uses and side effects; knowledge of general and mental health conditions and treatment interventions through utilization of assessment, nursing diagnosis, outcome, identification, health planning, implementation and re-evaluation; knowledge of and sensitivity to cultural and socio-economic differences; knowledge of emergency and operating room nursing procedures and techniques; knowledge of teaching, counseling and evaluation principles and techniques; considerable interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills; ability to act as a role model to health care staff; ability to interview; ability to develop curricula; supervisory ability.
Two (2) years of experience as a Registered Professional Nurse.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing may be substituted for one (1) year of the General Experience.
In addition to the checking of references and of facts stated in the application, a thorough background investigation of each candidate may be made before persons are certified for permanent appointment.
Incumbents in this class must possess general good health and retain sufficient stamina, agility, visual and auditory acuity necessary to perform all duties of the class. Incumbents are required to pass a physical examination.
Incumbents in this class may be required to lift and restrain inmates; may have some exposure to communicable and/or infectious diseases and risk of injury from assaultive and/or abusive inmates; may be exposed to disagreeable conditions.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.