The State of Connecticut
, Paid Family and Medical Leave Insurance Authority (the "Authority
"), has an anticipated opening for a QA Automation Engineer
. The QA Automation Engineer works for the Solution Delivery Lead and will build and maintain automated test scripts. The QA Automation Engineer will develop automation strategies that will enhance test execution, reduce manual test coverage, and increase the efficiency and the consistency of regression testing.
About the Authority:
- 40 hours per week
The Paid Family and Medical Leave Insurance Authority is a quasi-governmental agency formed by statute and signed into law by Governor Ned Lamont in 2019. Its mission is to help Connecticut’s workforce navigate health challenges and life changes with greater financial security.
Through a trust funded by employees, the Authority makes benefits payments to eligible employees
when either the employee or their family member takes a leave from work to care for themselves or a family member.
What We Can Offer You:
We participate in a competitive benefits package
that includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, retirement plan options, paid time off, and so much more. We encourage a healthy work-life balance
for all employees!
Important Information After You Apply:
- In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on this job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
- The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- Ensure that your application is complete and detailed before submitting it. In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process. You will not be able to make revisions once your application is submitted into the JobAps system.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
Connect With Us:
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the questionnaire's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account. Should you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Gain a full understanding of the capabilities of the platform.
- Perform evaluations of capabilities and determine candidates for automation.
- Maintain, enhance, and expand the automation framework and associated tools.
- Record and track Jira stories associated with the development and testing of the solution.
- Program and execute automated functional and
end-to-end tests for each release
- Maintain a high level of software/script quality.
- Review test results to identify areas of improvement.
- Contribute to QA reports to support software health and readiness decisions.
- Record and track any bugs or issues in Jira, including cause and solution.
- Define acceptance criteria for solution, automation, and test components.
- Collaborate with the software developers to resolve issues and recommend solutions.
- Complete system documentation as required.
- Utilize test scripts and automation tools to assist with performance testing.
- Document test script progress and test coverage for the platform.
- Maintain automated test code to provide test coverage as functionality is added or modified.
Other Key Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience
- 5+ years’ experience with software development, systems analysis, or testing
- 3+ years’ experience with automated testing using Selenium
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE
- Experience using Jira and Xray Test Management
- Experience with Salesforce and Salesforce Report Builder
- Experience with JMeter
- Experience with agile software development and continuous integration/delivery
- Interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with teams to deliver excellent results and maintain a collegial work environment.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to share authority and responsibility in high stakes, complex and fast-moving work environment.
- Project and time management skills, including a high level of organization, attention to detail, and follow-through, while balancing and prioritizing multiple activities and responsibilities.
- Relationship-building skills and ability to inspire collaboration, including success in working in teams, projects, and people towards action through persuasion.
- Ability to be professionally engaged, present, and on-camera using virtual face-to-face technologies (MS Teams, Zoom, WebEx, chat, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience engaging in creative problem solving and taking initiative, while utilizing a solutions-oriented approach and exhibiting flexibility and good judgement in a complex organizational ecosystem.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.