The State of Connecticut
, Paid Family and Medical Leave Insurance Authority (the "Authority
"), has an anticipated opening for an experienced Salesforce Technical Manager
. The Salesforce Technical Manager works in partnership with the IT Director, IT Solution Architect and IT Solution Manager and is responsible for the technical designs, development of solutions, and coordination of and execution of deployment activities.
About the Authority:
- 40 hours per week
The Paid Family and Medical Leave Insurance Authority is a quasi-governmental agency formed by statute and signed into law by Governor Ned Lamont in 2019. Its mission is to help Connecticut’s workforce navigate health challenges and life changes with greater financial security.
Through a trust funded by employees, the Authority makes benefits payments to eligible employees
when either the employee or their family member takes a leave from work to care for themselves or a family member.
Important Information After You Apply:
- In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on this job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
- The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- Ensure that your application is complete and detailed before submitting it. In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process. You will not be able to make revisions once your application is submitted into the JobAps system.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
Connect With Us:
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the questionnaire's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account. Should you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact email@example.com
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Plans, organizes, and manages operations and activities relating to the functionality of the overall Salesforce platform for CT Paid Leave, with direction from the IT Director, IT Solution Architect, and IT Solution Manager.
- Coordinates, plans, and manages all Salesforce-related needs of the CT Paid Leave Authority providing Salesforce technical advice, design direction, and leadership to all team members to advance the project.
- Plans, Designs, builds, and configures applications to meet business processes and application requirements.
- Assists in establishing priorities for the agency.
- Works with Business Analysts and Architects to design solutions for business problems and evaluate requirements for implementation in Salesforce
- Leads and influences the development of standards and decisions regarding changes to systems/applications and promotes best practices and standards for code and system management.
- Oversees information technology projects as assigned from conception to completion.
- Works with leadership team to maximize cross-team contributions.
- Leads information technology operations to ensure exceptional quality and timely response to all customer service issues.
- Sets an example by acting in ways that are consistent with shared department values.
- Fosters collaboration by promoting cooperative goals, building trust, and enlisting others in a common vision.
- Leverages technological solutions to meet business needs.
- Stays abreast of technology advances in Salesforce
- Mentors junior team members in Salesforce technology
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Ten (10) years of experience in computer or network administration, architecture, operations, production control, systems development, information technology analysis and planning.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
Three (3) years of the General Experience must have been in a lead capacity.
Note: For State Employees, this is interpreted to be at the level of an Information Technology Analyst 3.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. College training in computer science, management information systems or a closely related field may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor’s Degree.
2. A Master’s Degree in computer science, management information systems or a closely related field may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
3. For State Employees, four (4) years of experience as a Computer Operations Supervisor may be substituted for the Special Experience.
- 5+ years’ experience with designing and implementing custom applications on the Force.com platform.
- 3+ years’ experience in a hands-on technical leadership position. Leading the team as you work beside them.
- 3+ years’ experience with Service Cloud.
- Experience with Experience Cloud.
- Salesforce platform Architect experience.
- Experience with the Salesforce object model, custom objects, security, APIs, governor limits, workflows, environments, and advanced configurations.
- Experience with the Salesforce setup menu configurations including user, data, and email administration.
- Experience with data integration and third-party application integrations.
- Experience in source control management using GIT such as Bitbucket.
- Salesforce Certification(s) in one or more of the following: (Administrator/Advanced Administrator, Platform App Builder, Service Cloud Consultant, Experience Cloud Consultant, Platform Developer I, Platform Developer II, Application Architect).
Other Key Skills:
- Interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with teams to deliver excellent results and maintain a collegial work environment.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to share authority and responsibility in high stakes, complex and fast-moving work environment.
- Project and time management skills, including a high level of organization, attention to detail, and follow-through, while balancing and prioritizing multiple activities and responsibilities.
- Relationship-building skills and ability to inspire collaboration, including success in working in teams, projects, and people towards action through persuasion.
- Demonstrated experience engaging in creative problem solving and taking initiative, while utilizing a solutions-oriented approach and exhibiting flexibility and good judgement in a complex organizational ecosystem.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.