Forestry Assistant - Eastern District
|Date Opened||3/23/2022 11:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$13.00 - $17.00 / hour|
|Close Date||6/1/2022 11:59:00 PM|
Connecticut’s forests and trees add immensely to the quality of life for the people of the state. They filter the air that is breathed, safeguard private and public drinking water sources, produce locally grown forest products, provide essential habitat for wildlife, and moderate summer and winter temperatures near homes. Whether people in Connecticut live in an urban, suburban, or rural setting, they are connected to the forest. Forests and trees are integral to the character of Connecticut. They also provide a spectacular annual display of fall color across our landscape.
The State of Connecticut, Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP), Bureau of Natural Resources, Forestry Division has multiple opportunities for Seasonal Resource Assistants based in Eastern District Headquarters in Marlborough, CT.
Incumbents will work throughout the assigned eastern region and may work statewide as needed. The duration of this position will be May through November 2022. The schedule will be 40 hours per week, fist shift, and the pay will be $13-17 per hour depending on relevant education and experience. Seasonal positions do not include benefits.
The selected candidates must be fluent in English, be at least 18 years old and have a valid motor vehicle operator’s license. The selected candidates must possess and maintain adequate physical flexibility, strength and stamina to perform the duties (including work outside in inclement weather, work outside for extended periods), and work well with other staff and members of the public.
Status updates and position specific questions should be directed to William.Hochholzer@ct.gov.
CT DEEP encourages you to consider applying for seasonal opportunities at multiple locations while your application is under review.
Please be advised that resumes are no longer being accepted during the time that you apply. Please ensure that your application is complete and displays your qualifications. You will be unable to make revisions once it is submitted. Questions can be sent to Emily.Kennedy@ct.gov.
The ideal candidate will be a Forestry school graduate with a BS in Forestry or current student working towards a BS in Forestry or related Natural Resources field of study.
1. Incumbents in this class who are assigned as supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.