|Date Opened||3/14/2022 12:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$13.00 to $17.00 per hour|
|Close Date||9/30/2022 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) is charged with conserving, improving and protecting the natural resources and the environment of the state of Connecticut as well as making cheaper, cleaner and more reliable energy available for the people and businesses of the state. The agency is also committed to playing a positive role in rebuilding Connecticut’s economy and creating jobs and to fostering a sustainable and prosperous economic future for the state.
Are you looking for a seasonal job where you can #MakeAnImpact?
If so, check out this opportunity!
The State of Connecticut, Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP), Bureau of Central Services, Engineering and Field Support Services – Hammonasset Beach Maintenance Garage is recruiting to hire a Seasonal Maintainer for our Madison, CT location.
Location: Hammonasset Beach State Park, Madison, CT
Schedule: Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (40 hours per week)
Anticipated Duration: Spring through early winter, maximum of 1,040 hours.
Salary: $13.00 to $17.00 per hour, depending on education and experience. No benefits.
For technical support regarding the filing of your application in JobAps, please contact: Samantha Wasef, Samantha.Wasef@CT.Gov, 860-937-6357.
For questions specific to this position, please contact: Deb.Corcoran@CT.Gov
CT DEEP encourages you to consider applying for seasonal opportunities at alternate locations as your application is under review.
Learn more from our seasonal DEEP staff:
This is a non-competitive recruitment, open to the public.
IMPORTANT SELECTIONS INFORMATION
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER YOU APPLY
Applicants must have a good attitude, a good work ethic and willingness to learn.
1. Incumbents in this class who are assigned as supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.