Hammonasset Beach State Park Ranger Staff
|Date Opened||2/17/2022 09:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$14.00 - $17.00 / hour|
|Close Date||12/30/2022 11:59:00 PM|
COME WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE AT ONE OF CONNECTICUT'S BEAUTIFUL STATE PARKS!
The State of Connecticut, Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) is seeking to fill multiple positions at Hammonasset Beach State Park in Madison with the park ranger staff. Pay rates start at $14 per hour, depending on relevant skills and experience; seasonal positions do not include benefits.
Park Ranger staff work a daily shift from either:
Staff work five shifts per week, including weekends. Staff is needed mid-May through October 10, 2022.
All selected candidates must possess and maintain adequate physical flexibility, strength and stamina to perform the duties (including work outside in inclement weather, work outside for extended periods), and work well with other staff and members of the public.
Park Ranger Supervisor:
For inquiries specific to the position and regarding the status of your application, please contact Rebecca Demchak via email at Rebecca.Demchak@ct.gov.
Please be advised that resumes are no longer being accepted during the time that you apply. Please ensure that your application is complete and displays your qualifications. You will be unable to make revisions once it is submitted. Questions can be sent to Emily.Kennedy@ct.gov.
1. Incumbents in this class who are assigned as supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.