|Date Opened||1/13/2022 09:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$13.00 - $17.00 / hour|
|Close Date||6/30/2022 11:59:00 PM|
At the State of Connecticut, Department of Energy & Environmental Protection (DEEP), we are dedicated to conserving, improving and protecting our natural resources and the environment and increasing the availability of cheaper, cleaner and more reliable energy. The mission of the Bureau of Natural Resources is to conserve and enhance Connecticut’s fish, wildlife and forest resources and to enhance opportunities for public use and appreciation. The Bureau of Natural Resources is made up of three Divisions (Fisheries, Forestry and Wildlife) and a central office.
Programs within the Forestry Division focus on working with partners to protect Connecticut's forest resources. With close to 60% of its land area in forest, Connecticut is one of the most heavily forested states in the nation. At the same time, Connecticut is also one of the most densely populated states.
The Forestry Division has a current opportunity for a Seasonal Resource Assistant to be based at the DEEP Eastern District Headquarters, Marlborough. This position will be working in the Forest Protection Program, under direction of the Fire Supervisor. Although based at the Eastern District Headquarters, this position may require occasional work at the DEEP Headquarters in Hartford. Some telework will also be allowed, and some statewide travel may be required. Primarily based in the fire program, this position may be required to work on insect and disease as directed.
Primary work schedule is Monday-Friday. Flexible schedules considered, up to 40 hours a week. The position is 1,040 hours in duration and does not include benefits.
Position specific questions can be sent to Helene.Hochholzer@ct.gov.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
Please be advised that resumes are no longer being accepted during the time that you apply. Please ensure that your application is complete and displays your qualifications. You will be unable to make revisions once it is submitted. Questions can be sent to Emily.Kennedy@ct.gov.
1. Incumbents in this class who are assigned as supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.