|Date Opened||1/7/2022 12:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$50,050 - $65,449/year (Individuals new to state service start at minimum of the pay plan)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||1/21/2022 11:59:00 PM|
Western Connecticut State University (WCSU) is a constituent unit of the Board of Regents for Higher Education (BOR), Connecticut Sate Colleges and Universities. As one of the State of Connecticut institutions of higher learning, this university offers undergraduate and graduate programs that weave together liberal arts and professional education and instill a desire for life-long learning.
We are recruiting for a full-time Secretary 2 to support the Housing and Residence Life office at WCSU, located on the Westside Campus at 43 Lake Avenue Extension in Danbury, CT. Work hours will be Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. The incumbent in this role will be responsible for the full range of secretarial support duties such as typing, filing, developing correspondences and office management. Duties include, but are not limited to:
In addition, this individual will:
Serve as a welcoming professional and student-centered first point of contact for students faculty and staff;
Provide secretarial support to the Director and provide general support to the department staff.
WCSU offers a comprehensive benefits package. Additional information on benefits can be found at www.wcsu.edu/hr/benefits/.
In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process.
Applicants invited to interview may be required to submit additional documentation, which supports their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a resume, performance reviews, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
Should you have any questions pertaining to any phase of this recruitment please contact the hiring agency's human resources office: Hrpositions@wcsu.edu.
The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
Incumbents perform a variety of secretarial duties as illustrated in the following areas:
1. TYPING: Using a personal computer or other electronic equipment, formats and types a full range of correspondence, reports, bills, drafts, etc. from rough draft, transcription, dictated notes, etc. Proofreads for content; edits using knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
2. FILING: Designs office filing systems; organizes and maintains files (including confidential files); maintains, updates and reviews reference materials and manuals.
3. CORRESPONDENCE: Composes complex letters and/or memoranda, etc. (e.g. explaining department practices/policies) for own or supervisor's signature.
4. REPORT WRITING: Compiles information from a variety of sources and prepares narrative or statistical reports, exercising judgment in the selection of items to be included.
5. INTERPERSONAL: Greets and directs visitors; answers phones and screens incoming calls; provides advice to callers regarding policy and procedures (e.g. citing a regulation to solve a specific problem); coordinates with others both within and outside of the organization on a variety of non-routine matters.
6. PROCESSING: Screens letters, memos, reports and other materials to determine action required; may make recommendations to the supervisor.
7. PERSONAL SECRETARY: Arranges and coordinates meetings (including space and equipment); researches, assembles and coordinates meeting materials (e.g. charts, graphs, reports); writes minutes of meetings, lectures, conferences, etc. from rough draft; takes notes using shorthand, speedwriting or machine transcription; prepares expense accounts; makes travel arrangements.
8. OFFICE MANAGEMENT: Maintains an inventory of supplies and equipment; orders supplies when necessary; completes, processes and maintains paperwork for purchasing (e.g. orders, requisitions, invoices, etc.); maintains time and attendance records; assists in preparing and monitoring the office budget (e.g. compiles figures, reviews statistical reports, verifies expense items); designs and initiates new forms and procedures to facilitate workflow; performs related duties as required.
Preference will be given to applicants who can demonstrate:
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.