The State of Connecticut has centralized its Human Resources function with the following goals:
- Support Connecticut's Growth - To serve our citizens, businesses, state agencies and other branches of government by providing the highest quality services at the lowest possible cost.
- Drive Continuous Innovation - To increase the efficiency and effectiveness of state government using best practices from the public and private sectors.
- Provide Rewarding Careers - To attract and retain a workforce of hardworking, dedicated public servants committed to leading our phenomenal state forward.
The State of Connecticut
, Department of Administrative Services (DAS
) is currently seeking a Durational Project Manager – Talent Programs
The purpose of this program manager role is to drive critical hiring at the Department of Public Health (DPH
) over the next two years, as a result of COVID-19 focused federal funding. This key role will recruit and process hires for federally and grant funded positions, as well as support hiring managers through the state recruitment, interviewing, and onboarding process. The role will also play a large part in the design and implementation of the DPH-specific onboarding program for new employees.
This position reports into the HR Administrator, HR Business Partners, at DAS, but also has operational accountability to the Strategic Program & Finance Manager for the state’s Joint Operations Team (JOT) (COVID-19 initiative). This is a full-time (40) hours per week position, Monday through Friday located onsite at the Department of Public Health at 410 Capitol Ave. in Hartford, but also offers telework.
What’s in It For You- Leading Comprehensive Benefits:
Competitive salary structure, excellent health & dental coverage, generous vacation, personal, and sick time, retirement plan options & more!
All State employees shall follow the guidelines as listed in Executive Orders 13F (3a) and 13G (3a) .
Throughout the Recruitment Process:
- The minimum experience: Eight
(8) years professional experience in human resources management or talent
acquisition, or a bachelor’s degree and at least four (4) years of human
resources management or talent acquisition experience.
- The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- Please ensure that your application is complete before submitting it. Applicants will be unable to make revisions once their application is submitted into the JobAps system. Applicants who submit and subsequently withdraw their application will not be able to resubmit for the same posting.
- In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process.
- Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated to apply for this position.
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most clearly meet the requirements of the position.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Jennifer Neumann at email@example.com
and reference the recruitment number.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency makes or conducts a special inquiry, investigation, examination or installation pursuant to Section 5-198(n) of the Connecticut General Statutes.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- In partnership with Agency Human Resources and Labor Relations, create agency-specific policies pertaining to workforce administration.
- Perform all full-cycle recruitment and hiring specific to the Joint Operations Team (JOT) and/or positions funded with COVID-19 cooperative agreements or grants, including the completion of the applicant tracking summary for related positions.
- Act as a hiring liaison to all JOT program managers.
- Participate in interviews and selection process for related position.
- Develop workforce planning for programs reporting into JOT, as well as those departments funded with cooperative and federal funds related to COVID-19.
- Project manage and participate in the creation of the DPH post-hire onboarding and training process for new employees.
- Act as agency subject matter expert in for DPH agency employee training programs, as well as all matters related to Covid-19 funded position recruitment.
- In partnership with Agency Human Resources, act as liaison with the Department of Administrative Services Learning and Development team to communicate and drive such training programs as LinkedIn learning paths, as well as coordinate agency specific training needs.
- Track and analyze workforce data and metrics such as vacancy rates, attrition numbers, monthly retirement reporting and more.
- Experience managing applicants via an Applicant Tracking System.
Experience designing and implementing a new employee onboarding program.
Experience leading process improvement projects.
Experience providing guidance to hiring managers on recruitment processes.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.