|Date Opened||9/1/2021 2:30:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,856 - $60,367 Annually - New employees start at the minimum.|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||9/19/2021 11:59:00 PM|
Job related inquiries can be sent to Robert.Isner@ct.gov.
The selected candidate must have and maintain a valid driver's license and operate motor vehicles compliantly.
The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
You must specify your qualifications on your application. Should you have any questions pertaining to application process, please contact Emily.Kennedy@ct.gov.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated to apply for this position.
During the training period, the candidate’s skills will be developed to perform the following duties:
1) Assist with implementation of a variety of sustainability, waste reduction, reuse, and recycling projects;
2) Assist with strategic initiatives associated with the ongoing implementation of Connecticut’s Comprehensive Materials Management Strategy (CMMS) and CT Coalition for Sustainable Materials Management (CCSMM) initiative;
3) Provide technical assistance and support to municipalities to implement waste reduction initiatives;
4) Develop and provide additional technical assistance, outreach, and education (to the general public, businesses, government agencies and other stakeholders) to improve awareness and participation to maximizing sustainable practices and recycling;
5) Maintain, update and enhance DEEP’s Sustainable Materials Management/Recycling webpages;
6) Assist with implementation of CT’s Commercial Organics Recycling Law;
7) Assist with development and implementation of Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) programs;
8) Assist with coordination of grant programs;
9) Assist with coordination of Facility Operator training and certification efforts;
10) Research and respond to questions received via the Division’s Compliance Assistance program;
11) Analyze data to help support policy decisions;
12) Prepare reports and correspondence;
13) May serve as a DEEP representative or subject matter expert at public meetings, hearings conferences, conference calls, webinars and other similar proceedings; and
14) Perform other related duties as required.
The preferred candidate, through coursework or experience, will have:
1) Experience working with the principles and practices of sustainable materials management;
2) Experience researching, evaluating and analyzing reports and data;
3) Experience presenting data about technical issues to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences;
4) Experience planning, scheduling, prioritizing, and reviewing workload status to ensure timely completion and quality of deliverables for multiple activities/projects;
5) Experience establishing and meet measurable goals;
6) Ability to develop and/or strengthen knowledge of pertinent state laws, statutes, and regulations pertaining to recycling, sustainability and solid waste management;
7) Experience working with diverse groups;
8) Experience proficiently using Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.), with familiarity of webinar software and social media;
9) Experience with geographic information systems (GIS), the ability to generate GIS maps from data sets; and
10) Experience interpreting and following OSHA regulations and personal safety protocols.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.