|Date Opened||7/14/2021 10:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$23.97 - $31.35/hour (Individuals new to state service start at minimum of the pay plan)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||7/26/2021 11:59:00 PM|
In the State of Connecticut, Asnuntuck Community College (ACC) is a constituent unit of the Board of Regents for Higher Education (BOR), Connecticut State Colleges and Universities. Established in 1969 by an act of the Connecticut state legislature as the twelfth institution in the Connecticut state community college system. The majority of our students are focused on completing their studies at Asnuntuck and transferring to a 4-year institution. Another large percentage of the student population is enrolled in curricula that focus on workforce development. Our successful Manufacturing Technology Center (MTC) prepares students for immediate entry into the workforce. 95% of the MTC students are already employed upon graduation.
We are currently recruiting for one (1) part-time Secretary II to work at Asnutuck Communtiy College in Enfield, CT. This position is located in the Academic Affairs Office, with hours of 2:00pm - 6:00 pm Monday – Thursday and 2:00pm – 5:00pm on Fridays.
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the minimum qualifications as listed on the job opening and must specify your qualifications on your application. Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful background check.
Please ensure your application is complete and you have included a copy of your Resume in the 'Resume Tab' of your applications. You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application into the JobAps system.
Applicants invited to interview may be required to submit additional documentation, which supports their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the volume of applications anticipated, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be provided through your JobAps portal account. Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
For all other inquiries, please contact: Talent & Recruitment Team CSCU-RecruitmentTeam@comment.edu.
Incumbents perform a variety of secretarial duties as illustrated in the following areas:
1. TYPING: Using a personal computer or other electronic equipment, formats and types a full range of correspondence, reports, bills, drafts, etc. from rough draft, transcription, dictated notes, etc. Proofreads for content; edits using knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
2. FILING: Designs office filing systems; organizes and maintains files (including confidential files); maintains, updates and reviews reference materials and manuals.
3. CORRESPONDENCE: Composes complex letters and/or memoranda, etc. (e.g. explaining department practices/policies) for own or supervisor's signature.
4. REPORT WRITING: Compiles information from a variety of sources and prepares narrative or statistical reports, exercising judgment in the selection of items to be included.
5. INTERPERSONAL: Greets and directs visitors; answers phones and screens incoming calls; provides advice to callers regarding policy and procedures (e.g. citing a regulation to solve a specific problem); coordinates with others both within and outside of the organization on a variety of non-routine matters.
6. PROCESSING: Screens letters, memos, reports and other materials to determine action required; may make recommendations to the supervisor.
7. PERSONAL SECRETARY: Arranges and coordinates meetings (including space and equipment); researches, assembles and coordinates meeting materials (e.g. charts, graphs, reports); writes minutes of meetings, lectures, conferences, etc. from rough draft; takes notes using shorthand, speedwriting or machine transcription; prepares expense accounts; makes travel arrangements.
8. OFFICE MANAGEMENT: Maintains an inventory of supplies and equipment; orders supplies when necessary; completes, processes and maintains paperwork for purchasing (e.g. orders, requisitions, invoices, etc.); maintains time and attendance records; assists in preparing and monitoring the office budget (e.g. compiles figures, reviews statistical reports, verifies expense items); designs and initiates new forms and procedures to facilitate workflow; performs related duties as required.
Candidates with knowledge/Experience in the following is preferred:
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.