Are you an Information Technology (IT) professional who has experience working with licensing, credentialing and certification platforms? Are you seeking a new challenge? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team!
Who we are:
Our mission at the State of Connecticut
Department of Administrative Services (DAS
) - Bureau of Enterprise Systems and Technology (BEST), is to strive to promote timely, fair, competent, cost-effective services to address the needs of state agencies, municipalities, and the public.
DAS BEST is currently recruiting for a Product Manager-Licensing, Credentialing and Certification
(IT Manager 1
) to lead a cross-functional project team, focused in driving the end-to-end product lifecycle for features and products improving the state’s licensing, credentialing and certification portfolio of products.
This position will be responsible for product prioritization as well as uplifting the product support and delivery teams to convert the product vision into a roadmap with the customer in mind. It will also be responsible for creating equitable outcomes across the broad swaths of stakeholders including agency business units, residents and vulnerable populations in the State of Connecticut emphasizing the importance of planning, discovery, development, testing and analyzing throughout the product life cycle.
- First shift
40 hours per week
- Monday through Friday
- Located at 55 Farmington Avenue in Hartford
As a state employee, you will be open to a terrific work life balance
and competitive benefits
package. This includes; excellent health care, generous leave policies, a retirement plan, a deferred compensation program, and more.
Applicants must submit a resume in the "Resume Tab" of the application.
The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs) which will be sent to you via email after the closing date. The email notification will include an expiration date by which you must submit (Finish) your responses. Please regularly check your email for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders, as emails could end up there in error.
NOTE: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation such as performance reviews, attendance, supervisory references, etc., to support their candidacy for this position.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Raisa Capellan at firstname.lastname@example.org
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
Within a state agency information technology division, this class is accountable for the management and direction of information systems, applications development, systems maintenance, and similar information technology functions as well as technical and support staff.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Support the ideation, technical development, and launch of products and related features and functionality.
- Assist in the creation and articulation of the product roadmap.
- Own and prioritize the product backlog, balancing the requirements of service owners and business stakeholders.
- Translate product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements/user stories an acceptance test criterion.
- Enable analytics-driven decision making to evolve products with appropriate reporting to understand overall performance and user satisfaction.
- Coordinate communication, escalate and facilitate resolution of risks, issues, and changes tied to the product backlog.
- Develop workplans, roadmap documents, and written reports as directed.
- Lead multi-disciplinary project teams for iterative deployment of new prototypes, software, and services.
- Establish continuous improvement/continuous delivery pipeline to continually improve products post-launch with based on customer satisfaction.
- Lead documentation and communication throughout the product lifecycle for both technical processes and cross-functional teams affected by new change.
- Additional duties can be found here.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
· Plan and Deploy for Business Results, which includes the ability to develop and implement business plans, IT plans, budget plans, and human resource plans in order to maximize budget allocations, technology, personnel and other resources to achieve agency and program goals.
· Lead Change, which includes innovation, the ability to be a creative problem solver and a strategic thinker, and the ability to recognize and develop opportunities to grow and develop information technology services in response to customers and a changing work environment
· Focus on Results and Quality, including exercising and promoting accountability, and the ability to analyze surveys, financial and other data, and use strategic planning and performance measurement techniques to continuously improve performance and maintain competitiveness
· Understand Customers and Markets, which includes the ability to establish customer satisfaction and loyalty, forecast and conduct market analyses, keep ahead of industry trends and incorporate “best practices” into information technology operations.
· Lead People, including the ability to resolve conflict, communicate effectively, coach and train employees, recognize performance, and foster diversity and teamwork.
· Build Coalitions, including the ability to explain and advocate facts and ideas in a convincing manner, to negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally, to gain cooperation from others, and to identify the internal and external politics that impact the work of the organization.
· Business Knowledge, including knowledge of the technical, professional, procedural and legal requirements of the specific information technology area.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Ten (10) years of experience in computer or network administration, architecture, operations, production control, systems development, information technology analysis and planning.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
Three (3) years of the General Experience must have been in a lead capacity.
Note: For State Employees, this is interpreted to be at the level of an Information Technology Analyst 3.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. College training in computer science, management information systems or a closely related field may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor’s Degree.
2. A Master’s Degree in computer science, management information systems or a closely related field may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
3. For State Employees, four (4) years of experience as a Computer Operations Supervisor may be substituted for the Special Experience.
- Experience working with licensing, credentialing and certification platforms.
- Experience configuring and managing eLicense software.
- Project management experience.
- Management/supervisory experience with the direct management of full-time, professional consultants and vendor resources.
- Customer relationship management experience.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.