Do you have experience with budgeting and fiscal impact and are looking for managerial opportunity?
If so, we want you to join our team!
The State of Connecticut, Department of Developmental Services (DDS) is recruiting for a full-time Developmental Services Division Director, based out of the Central Office Operations Center in Hartford, CT.
This full-time, 40 hour per week position works a Monday through Friday schedule. Although first shift hours are assigned, candidate must be flexible to meet the needs of the agency. Statewide travel may be expected.
We offer competitive benefits including healthcare coverage, retirement plan, paid time off, including 12 paid holidays per calendar year in addition to vacation, sick and personal leave accruals. Also group life insurance and other supplemental benefits. We encourage a healthy work/life balance to all employees.
Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience most closely meets the preferred qualifications, so please ensure that your application is complete and details your experience as outlined in this job posting. Please include your resume within the "Resume Tab" of your application. You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application into the JobAps system. Applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies.
The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs) which will be sent to you via email after the closing date. The email notification will include an expiration date by which you must submit (Finish) your responses. Please regularly check your email for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders, as emails could end up there in error.
If selected for further consideration, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation, which supports their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: Two most recent performance reviews, last two years attendance records, supervisory references, etc. at the discretion of the hiring agency. You do not have to submit these documents with your application.
Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to confirm receipt or status updates during the recruitment process. Please note that not all applicants will be contacted for interview and encouraged to apply for future postings.
Applicants are encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status board daily to monitor their status and check for notices from recruiters. Viewing notices from the board ensures applicants have full visibility of all emailed notices.
If you require an accommodation to participate fully and fairly under the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact Renee LaBarge, DDS EEO Director at 860-418-6022 or Renee.LaBarge@ct.gov.
If you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Jasmyn Raymond, Jasmyn.Raymond@ct.gov.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In the Department of Developmental Services, this class is accountable for developing, implementing and administering statewide comprehensive programs dedicated to consumers of the agency.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Provides direction and management of the agency’s core purchase of service contracting and individual budget units; develops, implements and evaluates division policies, programs, activities, goals and objectives; develops regional allocations; develops standards for service authorizations; manages implementation of authorization and contracting processes; manages development of cost standards for self-hired staff; interprets and applies statewide contract cost standards; develops related policy and procedure; develops rates of reimbursement for supports and services; works closely with regional directors and assistant directors in service development, planning and implementation; maintains contacts with individuals both within and outside of the agency who might impact program activities, particularly Fiscal Intermediaries, qualified providers, regional directors of self-determination programs, and case management staff; advises the Commissioner’s Office on policies, programs, and related fiscal impact, performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Considerable knowledge of and ability to apply management principles and techniques, considerable knowledge of relevant state and federal laws, statutes and regulations; considerable knowledge of best practices for providing integrated, supportive community based services to agency consumers; considerable interpersonal skills; considerable oral and written communication skills; considerable ability in designing, developing, planning, implementing and administering statewide complex programs; ability to develop and manage revenue sources and budget.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Ten (10) years of professional experience in health or human services delivery system administration and/or programs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
Two (2) years of the General Experience must include administrative or managerial responsibility relative to programs for habilitative and or rehabilitative program development for consumers of the agency.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. College training in Psychology, Special Education, Early Childhood, Social Work or a related field may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling one-half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in Special Education, Early Childhood, Social Work, Psychology or a related field may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following experience:
- Working with contract or individual budget authorizations
- Working with state, private and community human service programs particularly those which provide services to individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities
- Accessing program development and modification needs
- Handling current trends and practices regarding provision of integrated, supportive community based services to persons with intellectual or developmental disabilities
- Working with DDS waiver programs and services
- With all Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and Access
- Developing action plans to implement executive program priorities
- Implementing relevant state and federal laws, statues and regulations
- Managing a large volume of work as well as prioritizing effectively to achieve results in a set timeframe
1. Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required to possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's license.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.