|Date Opened||7/1/2021 10:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$122,972* - $167,674/year, *new state employees usually start at the minimum|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||7/22/2021 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut’s Office of Policy and Management is recruiting for a Fiscal and Program Policy Section Director in the Budget and Financial Management Division. In this position, you will lead the section charged with responsibility for programs and policies relating to transportation, corrections and criminal justice, the environment, and the operations of the State’s constitutional officers and the Legislative and Judicial branches of government.
This position is conveniently located in Hartford, CT. The work schedule for this position is typically Monday - Friday, forty (40) hours per week and may require working an extended day and weekends.
Please ensure that your application is complete and have included a cover letter and resume within the "Resume Tab" of your application. Candidates who do not submit the required documents above will not be considered. Questions about these required documents should be directed to the hiring agency's human resources office: email@example.com.
NOTE: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, performance reviews, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, a writing sample, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
This position directs a fiscal and program policy section in administering statewide programs, policies and fiscal plans for the preparation and execution of the Governor's budget.
The major areas of responsibility include the following:
· Assists the Executive Budget Officer in developing financial policy for the State;
· Analysis of programmatic, revenue and capital portions of agency budgets;
· Develops, implements, and evaluates section policies, goals and objectives;
· Assists in the maintenance and improvement of program budgeting;
· Supervises strategic analysis and program evaluation of assigned budget specialists;
· Coordinates electronic budgeting techniques and their interfacing with other statewide systems;
· Oversees long range forecasting and revenue projections;
· Consults with and advises agency executives on budgetary and financial matters;
· Represents section at briefings and hearings with OPM executives;
· Maintains liaison with legislative committees and sub-committees;
· Performs analysis of proposals relating to collective bargaining;
· Appears as an expert witness;
· Represents the Secretary of the Office of Policy and Management at various boards and commissions as assigned; and
· Performs related duties as required.
The preferred candidate will have the following:
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.