|Date Opened||6/2/2021 2:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$67,718 - $87,635/year (Individuals new to state service start at minimum of the pay plan)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||6/18/2021 11:59:00 PM|
The Office of the State Treasurer exists to provide and ensure effective financial management of public resources, high standards of professionalism and integrity, and expanding opportunity for State of Connecticut residents and businesses.
Under the leadership of Connecticut’s State Treasurer Shawn T. Wooden, the Office of the Treasurer (OTT) is dedicated to safeguarding the state’s financial resources and taxpayers’ dollars, while maximizing returns, minimizing risks and operating at the highest professional and ethical standards. Through investments and disbursements, the Office continues to enhance the State’s fiscal stability, financial literacy, college savings, and its approach to leveraging business partnerships to combat social issues such as gun violence, climate change, and equal opportunity in economic growth that impact shareholder value.
We are accepting applications for the position of Paralegal Specialist in the Legal Unit. This department provides legal support to the Treasurer, Executive Staff, Pension Funds Management, Debt, Unclaimed Property, Cash and Second Injury Fund, and interfaces with other government agencies, as well as the public. The position is full-time, (40 hours per week, 8am - 5pm, Monday-Friday), and is located in Hartford, CT. The Office of the Treasurer offers a competitive benefits plan that includes healthcare coverage, a retirement plan, as well as, paid time off! https://portal.ct.gov/DAS/smART/General-Employee-Benefits.
Applicants must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening and specify their qualifications on their application. Please ensure that your application is complete and you have included your resume in the “Resume Tab” of your application as you will be unable to make revisions once you officially submit your application into the JobAps system.
Applicants invited to interview may be required to submit additional documentation supporting their qualification(s). These documents may include: performance reviews, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc. at the discretion of the agency.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQ’s) which will be sent to you via email after the closing date. The email notification will include an expiration date by which you must submit (Finish) your responses. Please regularly check your email for notifications. Please check your SPAM and or Junk folders, as emails could end up there in error.
The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
NOTE: The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
The General Experience is defined as one of the following:
1. A Bachelor’s degree in legal studies and one (1) year of experience providing paraprofessional legal assistance to an attorney.
2. An Associate’s degree in legal studies and three (3) years of experience providing paraprofessional legal assistance to an attorney.
3. Completion of a Paralegal or Legal Assistance Certificate Program approved by the American Bar Association and three (3) years of experience providing paraprofessional legal assistance to an attorney.
4. Completion of a Paralegal or Legal Assistance Certificate Program consisting of a minimum of twenty-four (24) semester hours from an accredited college or university and four (4) years of experience providing paraprofessional legal assistance to an attorney.
5. Completion of a Paralegal or Legal Assistance Certificate Program from a business school approved by the State of Connecticut, Office of Higher Education and four (4) years of experience providing paraprofessional legal assistance to an attorney.
6. A Law degree from an accredited Law School.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.