(Executive Assistant 1)
|Date Opened||4/23/2021 10:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$105,000 - $135,000|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||5/7/2021 11:59:00 PM|
The Office of the State Treasurer exists to provide and ensure effective financial management of public resources, high standards of professionalism and integrity, and expanding opportunity for State of Connecticut residents and businesses.
Under the leadership of Connecticut’s State Treasurer Shawn T. Wooden, the Office of the Treasurer (OTT) is dedicated to safeguarding the state’s financial resources and taxpayers’ dollars, while maximizing returns, minimizing risks and operating at the highest professional and ethical standards. Through investments and disbursements, the Office continues to enhance the State’s fiscal stability, financial literacy, college savings, and its approach to leveraging business partnerships to combat social issues such as gun violence, climate change, and equal opportunity in economic growth that impact shareholder value.
We are accepting applications for the position of Communications Director (Executive Assistant 1). This full-time, (40 hours per week, Monday-Friday), position is located in Hartford, CT, and offers a competitive benefits plan that includes healthcare coverage, a retirement plan, as well as, paid time off! https://portal.ct.gov/DAS/smART/General-Employee-Benefits.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Communications Director is the Office of the Treasurer's spokesperson and has responsibility for directing the development and implementation of the Office's annual communications plan. The incumbent in this role will be responsible for working across Treasury divisions and units, drafting, reviewing and finalizing language in support of the work of the Office of the Treasurer. This is an unclassified position and is appointed position in accordance with Section 3-13a of the Connecticut General Statutes (CGS). Please note that the Executive Assistant 1 title is a system title only; the work of the Director of Communications is summarized below.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The ideal candidate will possess excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen eye for detail and have a strong foundational understanding of content generation and vision for how to communicate the work of the Office of the Treasurer effectively and accurately. Other duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Supervise public relations and marketing activities for the Office of the Treasurer’s core functions including Connecticut Higher Education Trust (CHET) and Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE)
· Maintain relationships with all media (local, state, and national) outlets, including the financial sector
· Create, draft and/or edit press releases, press advisories, editorials, brochures, internal communications, electronic social media postings, and other presentation materials
· Initiate, develop, and implement electronic forms of communication, and manage the design and content of the Office of the Treasurer’s website
· Draft and/or edit speeches and talking points for various groups of interest to the Office of the Treasurer
· Supervise and coordinate preparation of Annual Report of the Office of the Treasurer and other mandated core function reports such as the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) for the Clean Water and Drinking Water Funds and the Short-Term Investment Fund (STIF); and
· Other duties as assigned.
Applicants invited to interview may be required to submit additional documentation, which supports their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: cover letter, three writing samples and 3-5 references. In addition, performance reviews, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., may also be requested, at the discretion of the hiring agency.
Should you have questions pertaining to any phase of this recruitment, please contact the hiring agency's human resources office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preference will be given to applicants with the following experience and training:
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.