|Date Opened||4/20/2021 2:35:00 PM|
|Close Date||6/30/2021 11:59:00 PM|
At the State of Connecticut, Department of Energy & Environmental Protection (DEEP), we are dedicated to conserving, improving and protecting our natural resources and the environment and increasing the availability of cheaper, cleaner and more reliable energy.
We have an opportunity available for a Seasonal Resource Assistant to join us in the Land Management Unit of the Bureau of Central Services. This seasonal position is based out of Hartford, CT and will work remotely until the Hartford office reopens.
More about this Opportunity:
This position will be responsible for leading college student interns in creating a GIS geo-database and map through ESRI Parcel Fabric with assistance from Eastern staff.
All data generated will later be uploaded into the Public Land Use Registry (the Registry). All details related to the created parcel must be reflected in the Registry including, but not limited to the grantor, grantee, acreage, funding sources, encumbrances or items benefitting said property.
The position will also require independent work coordinating with other DEEP staff to discern areas to be mapped. The Seasonal Resource Assistant will research DEEP records for pertinent land documentation. In this role, you may occasionally work in the field as a Surveying Assistant. This work will aid in completing the Registry.
Additional details may be found in the Example of Duties section.
Salary: $14 per hour. There are no benefits.
Length of position: The work schedule will be approximately 40 hours per week, depending on available work assignments but will not exceed the total allowable hours of 1,040 by DEEP.
Schedule: 40 hours/week, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm Monday thorough Friday (up to 1040 total hours.)
For technical support regarding the filing of your application in JobAps, please contact: Samantha Wasef, Samantha.Wasef@CT.Gov, (860) 937-6357.
For questions specific to this position, please contact: Brian Florek, Brian.Florek@CT.Gov, (860)424-3040.
These positions are non-competitive and open to the public.
1. Incumbents in this class who are assigned as supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.