Are you a standout colleague that thrives in a fast-paced and challenging environment? If so, we strongly encouraged to apply for this employment opportunity!
At The State of Connecticut, Department of Social Services (DSS) we, along with our partners, provide person-centered programs and services to enhance the well-being of individuals, families and communities. We are seeking individuals who are looking to advance their career and make a difference!
We are currently recruiting for the position of Social Services Analyst. This is a full time 40 hour a week, Monday through Friday position, located in our Hartford Central office.
This position will work under the Social Services Supervising Analyst of the Quality Management (Testing) sub-unit in the Apps/Data unit of ITS. This position will be responsible for performing hands on testing of enterprise applications (primarily Java based) and other integrated applications. The candidate will also create high volumes of test automation using Selenium, Qualitia and other test automation tools. The working environment is very fast paced with over 20 testers.
We offer competitive benefits which include health and dental insurance, a retirement plan, group life insurance, and other supplemental benefits. Paid time off is also offered, including 12 paid holidays per calendar year, in addition to vacation, sick and personal leave accruals.
Applicants must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening and must specify their qualifications on their application. Please note revisions cannot be made once you submit your application for this posting to the JobAps system.
The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs) which will be sent to you via email after the closing date. The email notification will include an expiration date by which you must submit (Finish) your responses. Please regularly check your email for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders, as emails could end up there in error.
Applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies.
The Department of Social Services participates in E-Verify.
Should you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Kelly Paul at Kelly.Paul@ct.gov.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In the Department of Social Services, this class is accountable for independently performing a full range of tasks in support of IMPACT Eligibility Processing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) business functions.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Review multiple business and technical documents.
- Plan, develop, write and execute test cases, scenarios and test plans for large enterprise applications.
- Set up large volumes of test data, estimate test accuracy and work in collaboration with team members.
- Analyze, develop and execute test automation suites using Selenium, Qualitia and other test automation tools (Java and Web based).
- Participate in meetings to provide test coverage input for pre-testing software development lifecycle phases.
- Perform quality assurance and quality control functions for testing activities.
- Conform to traceability of test cases in relation to business requirements.
- Write queries to retrieve data from DB2 and SQL databases to assist with test data preparation. Review XMLs.
- Document defects and follow procedures of test guidelines set within the Quality Management unit.
- Collaborate with other units in the agency, other partnering agencies, vendors and system integrators. Oversight and transition from contractors to state staff.
- Assist with implementation of system upgrades and modifications and load data into test environments
- Tests and troubleshoots data produced from reports ensuring integrity of data and results
- Assist with identification, development of training materials, other Quality Management (quality assurance, quality planning and quality control) duties.
- Additional Information can be found here.
- Performs related duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Considerable knowledge of common individual and/or family practices and investments; considerable knowledge of IMPACT modules and how they are integrated; knowledge of and the ability to map business processes; knowledge of programming logic, validation testing, script writing, and other troubleshooting software; knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply relevant agency policies and procedures as well as state/federal laws, statutes and regulations; analytical and problem solving skills; interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills; ability to understand how application supports or does not support business processes; ability to make presentations and train others on trouble shooting issues; ability to gather and communicate technical information to the appropriate sources; ability to utilize Enterprise Resource Planning systems.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Six (6) years of experience in a social services program, determination of client eligibility for public assistance or technical business support.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been at the level of Eligibility Services Worker or Social Services Investigator performing a full range of tasks in support of one or more eligibility services module(s).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling one half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in a closely related area may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
Preference shall be given to candidates who:
- Experience with health eligibility systems, benefit recovery modules, benefit issuance, inter system interfaces and integrations.
- Experience working in a fast paced and agile environment.
- Experienced in critical and analytical review of vendor documentation, test scenarios and business/design documents and fill gaps.
- Experience communicating in writing and verbally to diverse populations and skill levels.
- Experience working individually and as a member of a team.
- Experience with development, infrastructure, and business teams, and provide support troubleshooting, analysis and a resolution.
- Experience in Selenium, test automation tools, Jira, Jama, Application Programing Interface (API) Testing Tools (Postman, SoapUI).
- Experience working with Excel including formula and function (e.g. VLOOKUP, Sum, and Counts), Application Programing Interface API and Web services.
1. Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required to possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s license.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.