Squaw Rock Maintenance Facility
|Date Opened||3/22/2021 09:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$12.00 - $14.00 per hour|
|Close Date||9/30/2021 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) is charged with conserving, improving and protecting the natural resources and the environment of the state of Connecticut as well as making cheaper, cleaner and more reliable energy available for the people and businesses of the state. The agency is also committed to playing a positive role in rebuilding Connecticut’s economy and creating jobs and to fostering a sustainable and prosperous economic future for the state.
DEEP's Bureau of Central Services, Engineering and Field Support Services Division, East District Squaw Rock Maintenance Facility has Seasonal Resource Assistant position. Position is a Seasonal Automotive/Equipment Repair Technician Assistant. Details listed in Examples of Duties. This position will be based in Plainfield / Moosup, CT.
The position is Monday - Friday, 7:00am – 4:30pm, 37.5 - 40 hrs. per week.
The pay rate varies from $12.00 to $14.00 per hour depending on education and experience. There are no benefits.
Anticipated duration of position is early Spring thru Late Fall . (No more than 1030 hours)
Note: Do not submit a cover letter. Applicants must only include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application.
Any inquiries regarding the status of your application for this position must be made directly to: Michael.Allen@ct.gov .
This position is non-competitive and open to the public. Selected candidates must be fluent in English, be at least 18 years old and have a valid driver’s license and an excellent driving record.
Selected candidates must possess and maintain adequate physical flexibility, strength and stamina to perform the duties (including work outside in inclement weather, work outside for extended periods), and work well with other staff and members of the public.
Please ensure that your application is complete. You will be unable to make revisions once it is submitted. Applications that are untimely, incomplete or inaccurate will not be considered. Questions can be sent to Emily.Kennedy@ct.gov.
Preferred applicants will be able to work full-time for the entire recreation season and have related experience or training.
1. Incumbents in this class who are assigned as supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.