Are you interested in making a difference? Do you want to be fulfilled everyday at work? If so, come make an impact by serving your state! Read below & apply today!
The State of Connecticut, Department of Banking (DOB) is recruiting for a Cooperative Education Intern. This position is a six (6) month/temporary position, permanent status cannot be obtained while working in this classification.
Who We Are:
As a fundamental part of its mission, the DOB, is committed to protecting Connecticut users of financial services from unlawful or improper practices by ensuring that regulated entities and individuals adhere to state consumer credit and securities laws. As part of our strategic plan to become an employer of choice that attracts top talent, this position will allow the chosen candidate the opportunity to gain experience in the regulation of financial services firms, gain experience in securities and banking law, and to work with financial examiners on exams and investigations, gaining experience in the regulatory process.
- Located at 260 Constitution Plaza, Hartford, CT
- This is a first shift, Monday - Friday position, the hours are flexible
- This position is a six (6) month/temporary position, permanent status cannot be obtained while working in this classification
- Fringe benefits are not included in this position
The Cooperative Education Intern will receive training in the Securities and Business Investments Division and this intern will:
- Assist the Securities division with a document management project including needs analysis, system design and data migration;
- Receive training in building and streamlining a records retention operating procedure;
- Receive training in enforcement investigations, including reviewing and analyzing financial and business records;
- Receive training in the licensing process by reviewing applications and reports filed by broker-dealer and investment adviser registrants to determine compliance with financial reporting and other statutory requirements.
Applicants must submit a resume in the resume tab of the application.
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application. The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
Please ensure that your application is complete, you will not be able to make revisions once you submit your application into the JobAps system.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs) which will be sent to you via email after the closing date. The email notification will include an expiration date by which you must submit (Finish) your responses. Please regularly check your email for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders, as emails could end up there in error. You must reply by the deadline indicated on the notification or you will be automatically disqualified from consideration.
Applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies.
NOTE: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, performance reviews, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
Due to the volume of applications anticipated, the DOB is unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be provided through your JobAps portal account.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Nasreen Mustafa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency or facility this class is established as a structured internship program designed to prepare undergraduate and graduate college students for professional careers in administration, managerial and technical occupations by alternating periods of academic study and practical work experience in their chosen discipline.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Receives practical training in application of theories and concepts relevant to work of employing agency; assists professional staff in performance of their duties; completes independent assignments as necessary; may prepare reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Sufficient knowledge of principles, theories and concepts of appropriate discipline to apply them in practical situations.
Current matriculation in an Associate's, Bachelor's or Master's degree program determined by the Commissioner of the Department of Administrative Services or his/her designee to be appropriate preparation for employment in the designated agency and/or functional area.
Successful candidate will possesses:
- Second, third and fourth year college students or graduate students currently enrolled in an accredited college pursuing a degree in accounting, finance, economics or business;
- Experience writing in an organized and grammatically correct manner;
- Experience manipulating and analyzing data sets;
- Experience prioritizing multiple assignments with competing deadlines
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.