|Date Opened||2/8/2021 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$12.00 - $14.00/hour|
|Close Date||10/1/2021 11:59:00 PM|
Media and Marketing Assistant: Assisting the Parks Division with graphic layout and design in support of the parks’ branding campaign, compiling short (60-90 second) videos of park activities, post videos and/or events to social media sites, and scan and archive photographs and slides in addition to serving as office staff providing general office support at the Hartford Parks office. This position provides an opportunity for practical application in field of graphics, short video production, social media and general office experience.
No Child Left Inside®: The Great Park Pursuit Assistant: These positions require work on weekends and some evenings, the willingness to travel to various state parks and forests, a background in environmental education or natural resources conservation helpful, excellent communication and customer service skills, as well as a strong work ethic and love of the outdoors.
Office Assistant: Will assist our operations with answering questions and providing assistance to the public by phone and email. Employees also assist with special projects as needed.
1. Incumbents in this class who are assigned as supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.