Are you passionate about helping others and making a difference? Do you enjoy troubleshooting and providing customer support? If so, we invite you to apply to this exciting new opportunity!
At the State of Connecticut, Department of Children and Families (DCF), we are partnering with communities and empowering families to raise resilient children who thrive. We are seeking highly motivated Database User Liaisons to serve as the first line of support to staff, with our CT KIND and LINK applications. Database User Liaisons respond to staff inquiries about database issues; troubleshoot data entry problems with staff; determine nature of staff problems (data entry issue or program bug); and test changes from information technology staff to database application. As we begin to transition the work into CT-KIND, it is important that the ideal candidate be able to manage a certain level of ambiguity and change.
Ideally, the selected candidate will have strong attention to detail and have:
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- An ability to cultivate and retain relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- An ability to document activities.
- An ability to think creatively.
Database User Liaison positions are situated in our Central Office location of 505 Hudson Street, Hartford, CT. These positions will be full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. The individual(s) will be required to travel and support projects in regional offices as needed.
As a state employee, we offer a terrific work life balance, and competitive benefits which include health and dental insurance, a retirement plan, group life insurance, and other supplemental benefits. Paid time off is also offered, including 12 paid holidays per calendar year, in addition to vacation, sick and personal leave accruals.
We look forward to you joining our dynamic team!
- The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- In order to be considered for this job opening, you must be a current State of CT employee, who has permanent state status* and meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application. *For employees in the classified service, permanent status is obtained after successful completion of a working test period. For employees in the unclassified service, permanent status is obtained after serving in a position for at least six months (full-time or full-time equivalent).
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs) which will be sent to you via email after the closing date. The email notification will include an expiration date by which you must submit (Finish) your responses. Please regularly check your email for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders, as emails could end up there in error.
- Applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies.
- Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Kelly Paul at Kelly.Paul@ct.gov.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In the Departments of Children and Families, Emergency Services and Public Protection and Veterans Affairs, this class is accountable for independently performing a full range of tasks associated with serving as a resource to agency staff on the proper use of an agency wide database application.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Serves as first line of contact for staff using database; responds to staff inquiries about database; troubleshoots data entry problems with staff; determines nature of staff problem (data entry issue or program bug); routes technical issues to appropriate information technology staff; assists staff with data entry of information; guides staff through data entry screens and fields; forwards programming problems to information technology staff; tests changes from information technology staff to database application; recommends changes for efficient screen flow; identifies deficiencies in processing while testing database revisions; tracks user issues, including issues found while testing the application; trains staff on database use and changes; serves as a liaison between agency users and information technology staff for system enhancements; performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Considerable of knowledge of agency specific processing methodology; knowledge of office systems and procedures; knowledge of applications, functions and procedures related to agency; knowledge of agency specific terminology; interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills; ability to read, comprehend and apply procedural guidelines; ability to articulate ideas and information effectively; ability to perform research assignments; ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness; considerable ability to operate office equipment including personal computers, computer terminals and other electronic equipment; ability to operate office suite software.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Three (3) years of clerical experience.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must be at the level of Office Assistant at the agency with the database application or in the operation of electronic telephone systems.
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Experience with customer support.
- Experience with data entry, data quality reviews and data validation.
- Experience and proficiency in MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with testing software applications.
- Experience with LINK database, navigating, searching, pulling reports.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.