Inland Ambient Monitoring Program
|Date Opened||12/15/2020 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$12.00 - $14.00/hour|
|Close Date||3/31/2021 11:59:00 PM|
The quality and quantity of the State’s waters is a reflection of our use and in some case misuse of our water resources. Many are used to dilute and assimilate wastes generated as a result of human activities. Rain washes contaminants out of the atmosphere and off the land surface into our rivers and streams. Damming our rivers to produce electricity or extraction of surface or groundwater water for human use can alter natural streamflow patterns and threaten the sustainability of natural populations of fish and other aquatic life. Poorly planned development, destruction of wetlands, and is some cases a lack of dam maintenance can increase the potential for severe flooding and the destruction of property and loss of life that can be associated with those events.
Are you looking to contribute to the field of environmental protection and have the flexibility of a seasonal schedule?
The State of Connecticut, Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP), Water Protection and Land Reuse Bureau, Water Planning and Management Division, Water Monitoring Unit, is seeking to hire several Seasonal Resource Assistants to work within the Inland Ambient Monitoring Program.
This position is non-competitive and open to the public.
Complete a Master Application to apply for this job opening.
Please ensure that your application is complete and you have included your Resume in the 'Resume Tab' of your application as you will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application into the JobAps system.
1. Incumbents in this class who are assigned as supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.